The Happiness Factory
This happiness at work training workshop teaches participants how to redesign tasks, responsibilities and working conditions to support greater job fulfillment.
Workplace happiness is no doubt a business advantage. A growing body of statistical research supports both the tangible and intangible benefits of a positive work environment from financial gain to better overall job performance. Though happiness and engagement are often used interchangeably, research tells us there is a clear distinction between the two concepts. In fact, most agree that engagement is a prerequisite to happiness.Without nurturing a greater commitment to the organization, happiness cannot be accessible.
Additional Information for The Happiness Factory:Purpose
- Explore the theory and science of happiness at work.
- Identify facets of the work environment where employee engagement can be positively affected.
- Explore strategies for helping employees to feel connected to the organizational culture.
- Discover techniques for finding greater fulfillment and enjoyment in individual responsibilities and working conditions.
- Recognize the supervisory behaviors that have a direct impact on engagement.
- Examine key concepts for building employees' trust and confidence in senior leadership.
The Happiness Factory Workshop at a Glance
Welcome and Introduction (15 minutes)
Participants will explore the purpose and format of the workshop as well as the learning outcomes.
Topic Overview (45 minutes)
Participants will explore the theory and science of happiness at work.
Station 1: Reception Area (45 minutes)
Participants will review the importance of helping new employees to feel welcomed, supported, and valued.
Station 2: Break Room (45 minutes)
Participants will examine personal values and brainstorm ways to identify company culture.
Station 3: Factory Floor (45 minutes)
Participants will learn how to redefine individual tasks/responsibilities and working conditions to develop a greater sense of fulfillment.
Station 4: Supervisor’s Office (45 minutes)
Participants will understand the role supervisors play in engagement and the behaviors that contribute to it.
Station 5: Executive Suite (45 minutes)
Participants will examine the impact of senior leadership on organizational trust.
Development Planning (15 minutes)
Participants will reflect on the ways they can positively influence engagement in their workplace.
Putting It All Together (15 minutes)
Participants will review key learning points about engagement and happiness and ask questions.
- Total Workshop Time: 5 hours
What To Order:
- Starter Kit: Includes Facilitator Guide and 5 Participant Workbooks at a special discount price to help you train right out of the box. - Your BEST value!
- Facilitator Guide: 3-Ring Binder printed guide includes sample watermarked Workbook.
- Also includes: Digital Facilitator Support Materials: PowerPoint Presentation, Learning Overview, Theory Background, Frequently Asked Questions, Topic Handouts. (Once a client places their order, they will receive an email with a link and instructions for download/accessing the files.)
- Participant Workbook: Includes saddle-stitched printed workbook. Order one for each participant.