Delegating for Growth (RTL)
Delegation is entrusting responsibility and accountability to others. By delegating tasks, a manager is handing a bit of authority over to their subordinate, while at the same time keeping responsibility for completion of the task. It’s an important part of career growth.
Delegating for Growth is an interactive skills training course that can help any manager better understand the purpose of delegation, prepare for and apply the steps to delegating effectively, and learn to recover from inevitable mistakes or disappointments. This training program helps to increase company-wide productivity, foster employee confidence at all levels, and develop a team-driven culture.
Most tasks and projects can be delegated. In particular, if you find yourself doing the tasks and activities you were promoted from, that's a clear sign of items you should be delegating. This program will show you how.
- Recognize delegation as a tool for employee growth
- Assess your employees to determine their needs and match employees and projects appropriately
- Identify barriers to delegation and overcome them
- Apply the steps to delegating effectively
- Handle mistakes, missteps, and failures as learning opportunities
- The Purpose of Delegation
- Preparing Yourself and Your Employees for Delegation
- The Steps of Delegation
- Mistakes, Missteps and Failures
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.