Handling Challenging Behaviors in the Workplace (RTL)
In a study conducted by the consulting firm McKinsey, 59% of employees reported that they would be happier if their managers addressed problem employees, while only 7% believed their managers were doing so. For many managers, confrontation is one of the most difficult aspects of their job, so they potentially end up avoiding addressing issues. These issues indirectly affect others’ performance, lower morale, and overall workplace satisfaction.
Handling Challenging Behaviors in the Workplace introduces managers to a new perspective: changing the mindset from a "challenging employee" to a "valuable employee who exhibits challenging behaviors." By adopting a mindset of working together rather than against each other and following the techniques in this course, you will feel more prepared and confident to address issues in a way that creates a positive outcome for all those involved.
This program is appropriate for business professionals at a management level who regularly work with employees and teams to mitigate conflict, encourage engagement, and further productivity.
- Translate "bad attitudes" into observable behaviors that can be corrected and improve
- Identify guidelines for promoting a positive outcome in every challenging situation
- Recognize the various types of challenging behaviors, their underlying sources, and how to appropriately address them
- Articulate why the challenging behavior is an issue and what the consequences are for not minimizing or changing the behavior
- An Ounce of Prevention
- Personal Behaviors
- Insecure and Disrespectful Behaviors
- Negative and Unethical Behaviors
- Self-serving and Hostile Behaviors
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.