Managing Up (RTL)
The reality of today’s workplace is that individual success depends not just on how well you do your job, but on how well your supervisor does theirs. A supervisor’s role is not one of command and control, but of collaboration – just as much as your efforts influence theirs, theirs influence yours.
The principles of managing up are designed to make your supervisor's work life easier, which in turn makes their subordinates’ workplace environment easier as well. Work will run smoother, you'll encounter less conflict, and you'll make a positive impression on your supervisor, ultimately forging a successful relationship.
Managing Up is an interactive tool that helps you lay the groundwork for a more productive working relationship with your supervisor.
- Identify and support your supervisor's strengths, weaknesses, and working style
- Proactively seek consistent communication and monitor data
- Determine your supervisor's priorities, goals, and pressures
- Establish expectations and a clear system of organization
- Help to eliminate preventable problems and use effective problem-solving skills to find resolutions
- Managing the Relationship
- Managing Communication
- Managing Priorities and Tasks
- Managing Yourself
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.