Why We Struggle with Tough Decisions (RTL)
A person makes an average of 70 choices per day, according to Dr. Sheena Iyengar, author of The Art of Choosing and one of the world’s experts on choice. Many of these decisions are easy and don’t require any deep thought. But others are difficult, and we struggle with the decision-making process, wondering whether we’ve made the right choice and worrying about the cost of the wrong choice.
In the workplace, some people get stuck over analyzing all of their choices, and others swear by their intuition and have no data to back up how they arrived at a particular decision. To make a high-impact decision that is effective, practical, and successful, you should have a clear objective, gather and evaluate information in a structured way, avoid common decision traps, and use your intuition to confirm or question your decision.
Why We Struggle with Tough Decisions will enhance your confidence and skill at making and implementing tough decisions, allowing you to increase your value to your organization and actively contribute to its success. You will be able to put into practice various methods for collecting and evaluating information and recognize the most common traps that complicate tough decisions.
- Understand the role that emotions play in decision-making
- Describe how to make a decision effectively, recognizing key steps to take before, during, and after the decision-making process
- Identify your values in order to guide your actions, behaviors, and decisions
- Develop strategies to overcome your concerns about making and implementing tough decisions
- The Neuroscience of Making Decisions
- You Really Don't Know What to Do
- Decision Traps
- You Know What to Do, But You're Concerned
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.