Cultural Competency (RTL)
Diversity is growing in the workplace. As organizations turn to hiring employees from many parts of the world, there is an increased need for cultural understanding. Culture is the shared values, traditions, norms, customs, art, history, folklore and institutions of a specific group of people.
Cultural Competency teaches the willingness and ability to interact respectfully and effectively with individuals and groups, acknowledging the common and different elements of our cultural identities. The result is words and actions that recognize, affirm and value the worth of individuals and communities and protect and preserve the dignity of each.
- Identify the elements of cultural competence in the workplace
- Increase understanding of one’s own culture and how it affects perceptions of other cultures
- Recognize the three dimensions of cultural awareness when interacting with other cultures
- Develop the skills needed to practice respectful and caring behavior toward culturally diverse individuals and groups
- Adapt behaviors that support cultural competency and minimize behaviors that undermine it
- Cultural Competency Skills
- Generating Awareness About the World Around Us
- Effective Communication Skills
- Respectful Behaviors
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.