How to Manage Your Emotions (RTL)
At work, employees frequently encounter situations that spark a variety of emotions. There can be disagreements over decisions, frustration of not being taken seriously, disappointment over not getting a promotion, or even total dissatisfaction with a job. It’s important to know when and how to express emotions, and when to keep them in check.
Outbursts, passive-aggressive behavior, or detachment are not constructive ways to handle emotions at work. While it is not always possible to check emotions at the door, it is possible to figure out what triggers emotional responses and then learn how to respond appropriately.
How to Manage Your Emotions provides the tools needed to recognize your emotional triggers, control your emotional and physical responses, and handle other’s emotions. As a result, you will be able to communicate more effectively with supervisors and coworkers, be able to channel negative energy into more positive and productive activities, and will promote your overall emotional intelligence.
- Recognize the messages our emotions send at work
- Understand the trigger-perception-response cycle
- Reframe our thinking to avoid emotional outbursts
- Replace emotional outbursts with productive confrontations
- Employ long-term strategies to channel emotions productively
- The What and Why of Emotions
- All about Triggers
- Strategies for Managing Your Emotions
- Oops! What to Do When an Outburst Happens
- Be a Team Player
- Long-term Strategies to Channel Emotions Productively
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.