The Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment (EISA) is a training assessment and workshop promoting both individual and organizational success. Designed for management development training, the EISA measures adult emotional intelligence on five scales: PERCEIVING, MANAGING, DECISION MAKING, ACHIEVING, and INFLUENCING. This emotional intelligence assessment can be used as a standalone training resource or a powerful complement to address leadership development, team building, and communication effectiveness.
How It Works
The Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment (EISA) is a training assessment and workshop promoting individual and organizational success. Unlike some emotional intelligence assessments, EISA is built on a proven, scientifically-verified framework that is easy to use and requires no professional certification. First, the assessment accurately measures emotional intelligence on five scales:
- Decision making
Uses and Applications
The EISA can be used as a standalone training instrument, or it can be incorporated into a more comprehensive program on emotional intelligence. The EISA can be applied as a(n):
- Effective component in training programs on related topics such as leadership, communication, and team building
- Addition to any program that focuses on interpersonal skills
- Tool for developing leaders to address the five emotional intelligence factors that will enhance their effectiveness
- Discussion starter with teams about team dynamics, especially communication, influence within teams, and intra-team behaviors
By the end of this assessment, participants will have the skill set to be able to:
- Discover the major components of emotional intelligence
- Recognize the behaviors and characteristics of an emotionally intelligent person
- Identify areas where emotional intelligence skills can be applied
- Evaluate personal strengths and growth opportunities
- Generate action steps to improve emotional intelligence and success
Product Type: Assessment and workshop. The EISA Facilitator Guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session, from comprehensive background information and activities to reproducible handouts and even a professional PowerPoint presentation. The facilitator guide also offers an easy-to-follow workshop outline that expands the EISA into a 1 to 1.5-day training program.
Target Audience: This assessment is appropriate for individuals at any organizational level who want to discover more about themselves and their communication and emotional intelligence skills.
Measures: To assess and develop emotional intelligence.
Dimensions: The emotional intelligence assessment was developed using a thorough test process to ensure its effectiveness as a tool for personal and professional growth. The EISA derives its theoretical roots from the vast amount of E.I. literature and research in the E.I. and training communities. The EISA measures and addresses emotional intelligence on five key scales:
- Perceiving: The ability to accurately recognize, attend to, and understand emotion
- Managing: The ability to effectively manage, control, and express emotion
- Decision Making: The application of emotion to manage change and solve problems
- Achieving: The ability to generate the necessary emotions to self-motivate in the pursuit of realistic and meaningful objectives
- Influencing: The ability to recognize, manage, and evoke emotion within oneself and others to promote change
What to Order
Starter Kit: Order One Kit for Up to Five Participants & One Trainer.
Includes the Facilitator Guide, a five-pack of Paper Assessments, and a five-pack of Workbooks.
Facilitator Guide: Order One Guide Per Trainer.
This detailed, step-by-step guide for planning and delivering a powerful learning experience gives you everything you need to facilitate a full-day workshop, including, background information, assessment instructions, scripts, discussion questions, activities, a USB drive containing a PowerPoint presentation, and samples of the assessment. Facilitator support materials will be available to you as a digital download link in your order confirmation.
Paper Assessment 5-Pack: Order One Pack For Up to Five Participants.
The print version is ideal for facilitators who prefer to oversee scoring and administration of the assessment if you don't know who the participants will be before the class begins, or if your learners do not have easy access to computers. It includes pressure-sensitive forms for scoring to aid manual tabulation.
Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack For Up to Five Participants.
A comprehensive takeaway that includes critical content, worksheets, and forms used during the workshop, as well as additional tools for on-the-job use.
Online Assessment: Order One Per Participant.
The foundation for the workshop, the online assessment is administered to participants through the HRDQ Assessment Center. A full-color, detailed report is delivered electronically to the facilitator/administrator when complete.
* Students may purchase an online self-study version of this product.
About the Authors
Steven J. Stein is a clinical psychologist and the founder and CEO of Multi-Health Systems Inc. He is the author of "Make Your Workplace Great" and "Emotional Intelligence for Dummies," and co-author of "The EQ Edge."
Derek T.Y. Mann is a performance-enhancement consultant and co-founder of the Performed Psychology Group LLC. He is also a senior research associate at Multi-Health Systems Inc.
Peter Papadogiannis is a researcher, trainer, lecturer and consultant, and also a senior research associate and trainer liaison at Multi-Health Systems Inc.
Wendy Gordon is a writer and has held leadership and instructional design roles. She was an information specialist and developer of emotional intelligence tools and supporting materials for Multi-Health Systems Inc.