Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment (EISA)
Develop your emotional intelligence
Designed for management development, the Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment (EISA) measures adult emotional intelligence on five scales; perceiving, managing, decision making, achieving, and influencing.
This emotional intelligence assessment can be used as a standalone training resource or a powerful complement to assist leadership development, team building, and communication effectiveness programs.
The online version of this assessment requires a subscription to the HRDQ Online Assessment Center.
How It Works
Built on a proven, scientifically verified framework, the EISA is easy to use and requires no professional certification. The 50-item self-assessment accurately measures emotional intelligence on five scales:
- Decision making
The accompanying Workbook and workshop curriculum familiarizes individuals with the concept of emotional intelligence. It allows them to learn more about themselves and identify strategies to leverage their strengths and find opportunities for improvement.
The Facilitator Guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session, from comprehensive background information and activities to reproducible handouts and a professional PowerPoint presentation.
Uses & Applications
The EISA can be used as a standalone training instrument, or it can be incorporated into a more comprehensive program on emotional intelligence. The EISA can be applied as a(n):
- Effective component in training programs on related topics such as leadership, communication, and team building
- Addition to any program that focuses on interpersonal skills
- Tool for addressing the five emotional intelligence factors
- Discussion starter for groups about team dynamics
By the end of this assessment, participants will have the skills to:
- Uncover the major components of emotional intelligence
- Recognize the behaviors and characteristics of an emotionally intelligent person
- Identify areas where emotional intelligence skills can be applied
- Evaluate personal strengths and growth opportunities
- Generate action steps to improve emotional intelligence and success
Product Type: Assessment and workshop. The EISA Facilitator Guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session.
Target Audience: This assessment is appropriate for individuals at any organizational level who want to discover more about their communication and emotional intelligence skills.
Measures: To assess and develop emotional intelligence.
Dimensions: The EISA measures and addresses emotional intelligence on five key scales:
- Perceiving: The ability to accurately recognize, attend to, and understand emotion
- Managing: The ability to effectively manage, control, and express emotion
- Decision Making: The application of emotion to manage change and solve problems
- Achieving: The ability to generate the necessary emotions to self-motivate in the pursuit of realistic and meaningful objectives
- Influencing: The ability to recognize, manage, and evoke emotion within oneself and others to promote change
Time Required: Scoring: 20 minutes. Workshop: 1 to 1.5 days.
What To Order
Facilitator Guide: Order One Guide Per Trainer.
The Facilitator Guide provides everything you need to facilitate a full-day workshop. Included are background information, assessment instructions, scripts, discussion questions, activities, and samples of the assessment.
Paper Assessment 5-Pack: Order One Pack For Up to Five Participants.
The print version is ideal for facilitators who prefer to oversee scoring and administration of the assessment, if you don't know who the participants will be before the class begins, or if your learners do not have easy access to computers. It includes pressure-sensitive forms for scoring to aid manual tabulation.
Workbook 5-Pack: Order One Pack For Up to Five Participants.
A comprehensive takeaway including critical content, worksheets, and forms used during the workshop, as well as additional tools for on-the-job use.
Workbook table of contents:
- What is Emotional Intelligence and Why is it Important at Work
- The Five Factors of Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding Your Results
- Developing Your Emotional and Social Skills
- Development Exercises for each of the 5 EI Scales
- Development Strategies for each of the 5 EI Scales
Online Assessment: Order One Per Participant.
As the foundation for the workshop, the online assessment is administered to participants through the HRDQ Assessment Center. A detailed report is delivered electronically to the facilitator when complete.
Online Assessment with Digital Workbook: Order One Per Participant.
Includes the Online Assessment with a digital version of the workbook component described above.
Online Assessment 360° Multi-Rater Version: Order One Per Participant.
Includes the Online Assessment with a digital version of the workbook component described above, and the additional functionality of allowing unlimited feedback for each participant. The multi-rater version includes:
- The EISA Advantage
- Access to the EISA: 360
- About the scoring
- Your EISA: 360 results summary
- Areas showing the greatest consistency and opportunity
QuickStart Train-the-Trainer: 1-hour virtual coaching session for this product.
QST is a convenient, one hour virtual coaching session for first-time facilitators of this product. You'll receive personalized, one-on-one coaching with a subject matter expert who will get you up to speed quickly and accurately, so you can step into the onsite with confidence. We'll answer all your questions about facilitation of the product. And you can add additional coaching hours as needed. Your coaching session can be provided by telephone or video call, and at a time of your choosing.
Facilitators will also receive an HRDQ Certificate of Completion for completing the QuickStart session.
About The Authors
Steven J. Stein is a clinical psychologist and the founder and CEO of Multi-Health Systems Inc. He is the author of Make Your Workplace Great and Emotional Intelligence for Dummies, and co-author of The EQ Edge.
Derek T.Y. Mann is a performance-enhancement consultant and co-founder of the Performed Psychology Group LLC. He is also a senior research associate at Multi-Health Systems Inc.
Peter Papadogiannis is a researcher, trainer, lecturer and consultant, and also a senior research associate and trainer liaison at Multi-Health Systems Inc.
Wendy Gordon is a writer and has held leadership and instructional design roles. She was an information specialist and developer of emotional intelligence tools and supporting materials for Multi-Health Systems Inc.
- Technical Report | The Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment Technical Report
- Infographic | The 5 Factors of Emotional Intelligence
- Blog Post | The Importance of Emotional Intelligence in Leadership