Great leadership in an organization is essential. But it can be hard to come by. Studies show that 40 percent of new leaders fail within the first 18 months. The good news is that leadership failure can be predicted and prevented when managers are given the right resources. Explore the leadership training course materials available at HRDQ to help you improve leadership skills in your organization.
Featured Products in Leadership Training
Part of the HRDQ Style Suite, this leadership training module identifies leadership styles and helps managers and supervisors improve performance and become effective leaders.
This powerful assessment and training workshop helps both new and seasoned managers to develop the capabilities and versatility they need to succeed in today’s interconnected and collaborative world.
In this exciting training game, participants gain first-hand experience putting five key supervisory skills to work as they work with a cache of parts to devise an escape plan.
Promoting Leadership in The Workplace
Leadership is a lifelong endeavor you can never stop improving upon. There's no such thing as being too good of a leader, and the skills required translate seamlessly from your professional career into your personal life.
HRDQ’s leadership assessments and strengthening tools can help your organization develop strong leadership skills. There are a host of leadership skills training courses and activities that boost, identify, and discover your leadership abilities. Whether the leaders in your audience are newly-minted or seasoned professionals, they'll benefit tremendously from HRDQ’s leadership development tools.
Understanding Leadership Styles
There are four leadership styles that people must be aware of in order to be a more effective leader:
- Direct – Direct leaders have high assertiveness and low expressiveness. They tend to lead by taking charge.
- Spirited – Spirited leaders have high assertiveness and high expressiveness. They usually lead others by inspiring them.
- Considerate – Considerate leaders have low assertiveness and high expressiveness. They lead by building group harmony.
- Systematic – Systematic leaders have low assertiveness and low expressiveness. They usually lead by planning carefully.
The most effective leaders adapt their leadership styles for each situation they encounter. They need to know when to be flexible, when to negotiate, and when to be firm. They can "flex" their styles to work with others and lead them to success.
Becoming a Better Leader
A good leader exemplifies certain traits. They need to be open to learning and growing as they advance through their career. If they have buy-in from their staff, they are more likely to be successful. The success of a leader truly depends on their support staff, so they should ensure they are operating with honesty, transparency, respect, and dignity. Great skills to exemplify include:
- Learning Continually. As a leader, a person must recognize that they need be continual learners. The learning process never stops, and good leaders grow and change as time goes on.
- Championing Change. As change is constant, leaders must be champions of change—planning it, approaching it, introducing it, working it, and following through on it.
- Communicating Powerfully. Every part of the leader’s role requires communication skills. Leaders must become powerful communicators to get what they want to express across.
- Building Relationships. Leaders have to cooperate with people. They must build relationships to gain respect from others and work toward success.
- Developing Others. Coaching and giving feedback are two skills that leaders need to perform continually. To reach goals, there needs to be individual growth of everyone on the team.
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions. Problems will occur and decisions must be made daily. Leaders must become problem solvers and decision makers.
- Setting Goals. Leaders are responsible for setting goals for themselves, their team, and the organization. Setting and working to meet goals is an integral part of a company’s evolution to success.
What's My Leadership Style is a management development tool, leadership style assessment, and training workshop that identifies a person's leadersh...View full detailsfrom $26.00
Managing in today's substantially more complex environment is challenging. Virtual work environments, multi-functional teams, and dotted-line repor...View full detailsfrom $26.00
You don't have to leave earth for stellar skill development. Long gone are the days where collaboration served as an intermittent, as-neede...View full detailsfrom $12.00
Today's business climate demands all managers effectively combine both leadership and management skills. However, most managers are not clear on wh...View full detailsfrom $26.00
The Campbell Leadership Descriptor (CLD) is a self-assessment designed to help individuals identify the essential characteristics of successful lea...View full detailsfrom $26.00
It's no secret that leading people in a way that responds to their individual capabilities yields the best results. Easy to apply and internalize, ...View full detailsfrom $39.00
Most managers view leadership as an intangible, unattainable skill — one best left to those at the top of the corporate ladder. However, leadership...View full detailsfrom $95.00
When most people think the term "legacy," they often think of something one leaves behind. What if you were living your legacy now? What if your vi...View full detailsfrom $7.00
We carry high, yet often conflicting expectations of our leaders. Be reasonable but passionate. Seem decisive, but inclusive. Appear visionary, but...View full detailsfrom $15.00
The dynamics of diverse groups present an interesting challenge for organizations. How do you teach people of different, nationalities, religions, ...View full detailsfrom $62.00
There's no doubt that the leaders in your organization might look almost perfect on paper. They've earned degrees from leading universities, have i...View full detailsfrom $26.00
Based on the acclaimed book, Remarkable Leadership: Unleashing Your Leadership Potential One Skill at a Time, this assessment sets out to challenge...View full detailsfrom $21.00