How It Works
Benchmarks of Team Excellence will help any team become excellent, including departments, management teams, project teams, and self-directed work teams. By combining individual scores with the team's scores, participants get a portrait of their team's overall level of performance in each of the six indicators of excellence.
The Six Indicators of Excellence:
- Alignment: A deep sense of vision or purpose that is shared among team members
- Team Effectiveness: Strong internal processes that allow coordinated efforts, such as shared values, trust, open communication, flexibility, and decision making
- Empowerment: Feeling empowered to do what is necessary; both personally and within a collective power
- Passion: High and sustained levels of energy, enthusiasm, excitement, and confidence
- Commitment: Deep commitment to the purpose of the team and to each other
- Results: Accomplishing outstanding results based on high standards
Interpretative information provides insight into the ranges and scores. With analysis, discussion, and action planning questions, participants then reflect on and discuss the team's functioning and how it can improve.
Uses and Applications
Benchmarks of Team Excellence is an effective stand-alone training session, or it can also be easily incorporated into a larger training program. The assessment has been used by a wide variety of organizations for team building and team leadership training, as well as in programs to teach the concepts regarding:
- Excellent organizational practices
- Characteristics of high-performance teams
- Group dynamics
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Uncover how to measure the extent to which teams possess the six indicators of excellence
- Compare a team's performance with other excellent and high-performing teams
- Learn how to determine action steps to help teams move farther and faster along the journey toward excellence
Also see the classroom version of this assessment.