Learning to Manage (RTL)
Often, managers have all of the strengths they need to succeed in the job – except the ability to manage employees well. If they are not equipped with management know-how, it can be a surprisingly overwhelming transition from individual contributor to people manager.
Being able to manage well can help minimize the stress that comes with the role, and a good manager can successfully handle staff, projects, performance, conflict, and themselves while they evaluate and continuously improve their effectiveness as a manager.
Learning to Manage walks participants through the process of successful management by introducing the tools and techniques for effectively handling five target areas – people, projects, performance, problems, and personal development. Each of these areas is essential to minimizing the stress associated with the transition from individual work as you learn to delegate, communicate, and most of all, develop your employees – laying the foundation for productivity and organizational success.
- Understand how to make the transition into management and void the common pitfalls that derail new managers
- Discover how to communicate effectively within your organization
- Explore ways to effectively delegate work and encourage employee development
- Identify how to manage task-related and interpersonal crises
- Develop self-awareness and determine the support you need to successfully manage employees
- Adopt the Right Mindset
- Common Pitfalls to Avoid
- People Management
- Project Management
- Performance Management
- Problem Management
- Personal Management
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.