Why We Struggle with Tough Decisions (RTL)
A person makes an average of 70 choices per day, according to Dr. Sheena Iyengar, author of The Art of Choosing and one of the world’s experts on choice. Many of these decisions are easy and don’t require any deep thought. But others are difficult, and we struggle with the decision-making process, wondering whether we’ve made the right choice and worrying about the cost of the wrong choice.
In the workplace, some people get stuck over analyzing all of their choices, and others swear by their intuition and have no data to back up how they arrived at a particular decision. To make a high-impact decision that is effective, practical, and successful, you should have a clear objective, gather and evaluate information in a structured way, avoid common decision traps, and use your intuition to confirm or question your decision.
Why We Struggle with Tough Decisions will enhance your confidence and skill at making and implementing tough decisions, allowing you to increase your value to your organization and actively contribute to its success. You will be able to put into practice various methods for collecting and evaluating information and recognize the most common traps that complicate tough decisions.
- Understand the role that emotions play in decision-making
- Describe how to make a decision effectively, recognizing key steps to take before, during, and after the decision-making process
- Identify your values in order to guide your actions, behaviors, and decisions
- Develop strategies to overcome your concerns about making and implementing tough decisions
- The Neuroscience of Making Decisions
- You Really Don't Know What to Do
- Decision Traps
- You Know What to Do, But You're Concerned
- Virtual ILT, classroom ILT, and online self-study versions of each program
- Includes Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation
- All files delivered in MS Office format for easy customization.
About the Reproducible Training Library
The RTL is a collection of 80+ customizable soft-skill programs for virtual or classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. Each title comes with versions for virtual instructor-led training, classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. You receive professionally developed and designed program materials for participants and facilitators so you're ready to train today. All material files are delivered in unlocked Microsoft Office format so you can also choose to customize the content or add your logo, anything you wish. The RTL is downloadable, customizable, reproducible, and flexible. Best of all, it's effective learning.
Buy in Quantity and Save!
If you're interested in 7 or more titles, why not consider the RTL Complete Collection? You'll get access to all RTL programs for one low entry price.
*Choosing the Correct License
All licenses are one (1) year term from date of purchase. At the term's end you must either renew license or discontinue all use of the content. Please read the RTL End-User Agreement (opens new tab) before purchase. Contact us if you have any questions.
Business - For unlimited use within an organization employing less than 5,000 people at one or more direct operating locations. EULA does not permit use outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
Corporate - For unlimited use within an organization and its subsidiaries employing 5,001-10,000 people across the entire organization. EULA does not permit training outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
- Enterprise - For unlimited use within a top-level organization, its subsidiaries, partners, and distributors employing more than 10,000 people across the enterprise. EULA permits training of all legally connected entities.