Project Leadership Assessment is an innovative learning instrument that focuses on building necessary people skills by evaluating behavior in five vital skill areas. It's perfect for those who have project management responsibilities.
In terms of organizational efficiency, project management is one of the most important things. Even if you're not a manager in a leadership capacity, it's still a very relevant skill to develop. HRDQ offers many project management training course materials that can help. These assessments and simulations can be provided within a safe environment to build skills that your participants can take with them into their daily work-life.
Practical Project Management helps employees become effective leaders on projects of any size and scope. The program walks participants through four key stages of project management.
Learn More about Project Management...
The Four Stages of a Project
Project management takes place at every organization. Most teams are frequently involved with projects and need to have a clear understanding of how they should work. All projects have four stages:
- Stage 1: Initiating and defining the project. Decide on the project and define what it needs to achieve.
- Stage 2: Planning the project. Make sure to map out all areas of the project clearly.
- Stage 3: Implementing the project. Launch the project and check in frequently to ensure success.
- Stage 4: Closing and evaluating the project. End the project when it’s finished and reflect on what it accomplished.
Why Projects Succeed or Fail
Projects may fail due to lack of planning, misalignment with business goals, unrealistic and unachievable goals, unrecognized and unaddressed problems, the wrong leader or team, a lack of resources and support, or an unresponsiveness to change.
However, projects can succeed with:
- A relevant, clearly defined outcome. This is the "why." Consider why you are doing this, why is it needed, and why is it important.
- Achievable and relevant goals. This is the "what." Consider what do you specifically want to achieve, and what are the timeframes and deadlines.
- Careful planning. This is the "who." Consider who needs to be involved, who will be able to provide the support and approvals, time and resources needed, and who will be responsible for completing tasks and activities.
- Clear, ongoing communication among everyone participating in and/or impacted by the project.
- Careful monitoring to keep the project on track.
- Responsiveness to problems, issues, and changes that may impact the project goals or the way the project is carried out.
HRDQ’s project management training materials allow your team to learn more about how projects can be planned for success.
Project leadership isn't just about logistics. It's also about the ability of the project leader to motivate the project team, build relationships,...View full detailsfrom $50.00
In today's streamlined organizations, project management is no longer just the domain of the specialist. Now just about everyone is required to pla...View full detailsfrom $133.75
What's My Time Style is a quick and easy-to-use tool for identifying personal time management style. Based on the personality theories of Marston a...View full detailsfrom $25.75
Training professionals everywhere are under pressure to prove the value of their efforts. Because if they can't, management buy-in, budgetary suppo...View full detailsfrom $33.75
Practical Project Management: Taking Projects from Inception to Completion RTL Customizable Course It's not unusual for an organization's employee...View full details$599.00
Strategic Planning 101: Using a Guided Process to Reach Long-term Goals Classroom/E-Learning Bundle Strategic plans are a valuable tool for organi...View full details$599.00
Skillful Collaboration: Working Successfully with Others to Achieve a Common Goal RTL Customizable Course Creative thinking, effective problem sol...View full details$599.00
Balancing Priorities: How to Successfully Manage Tasks, Deadlines, and Expectations RTL Customizable Course "Everything on my project list is due ...View full details$599.00