Diversity Awareness Profile
Starter Kit for up to 5 Participants
Most people don't sit down at their desks and make a mental plan to discriminate, judge, or isolate their colleagues. Even so, these behaviors still exist in today's organizations. Understanding the presence of these biases is the first step to recognizing that diversity brings many advantages.
Based on data gathered from focus groups, interviews, and thousands of diversity training sessions over the past 20 years, the Diversity Awareness Profile assessment divides this assessment into the five categories of awareness:
- Naïve: People in this category do not realize they exhibit biased behavior.
- Perpetuator: People in this category are aware of their biases and prejudices and are aware that their behavior offends others.
- Avoider: People in this category are aware of biases in themselves and others. They are working on their known prejudices, but they are reluctant to address inappropriate behaviors by others.
- Change Agent: In this category, people are not only aware of biases in themselves and others – they also realize the negative impacts of acting on those biases.
- Fighter: People in this category are constantly aware of any behavior that seems to be biased or prejudiced, and they confront others strongly.
Diversity Awareness Profile is a self-assessment that's helped millions of individuals in organizations improve working relationships among diverse co-workers and customers. How so? The Diversity Awareness Profile is a powerful 24-item assessment that helps people to:
- Increase their awareness of the perceptions they have of others
- Assess the behaviors that most influence interaction with others
- Modify behaviors to build respect for others.
Companies that emphasize this type of employee growth and development are more appealing and less threatening to women, so use this workshop to:
- Kick start a diversity training program
- Improve upon an existing program
- Gauge diversity awareness and the necessity of action within your organization
- Transform your diverse workforce from a liability to a strategic advantage