Assertiveness Skills Instructor-Led Course
Influence is a tool of the successful—being able to affect influence or win others to your way of thinking, demands respect and allows you the authority to affect outcomes. Too often we assume only a person of influence can affect it.
However, influencing goes beyond positions of power and encompasses more subtle skills like empathy and active listening. It is rooted in effective communication skills and self-understanding. Learning how to demonstrate authenticity and integrity through your interactions with others and to how to have a strong sense of self-awareness lays the groundwork for mastering the art of influence—leading to improved working relationships and increased opportunities to see your ideas grow.
This instructor-led training event will focus on influence. This three hour-program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Foundations of assertiveness and potential blocks to assertiveness
- How to use factual statements to make clear directives
- Understanding the underlying attitudes and motives behind unassertive behaviors
- Methods to confidently say no to coworkers and bosses
- Guidelines for successfully handling conflict and criticism
Participants Will Learn:
- Define assertiveness
- Recognize the range of assertive behaviors
- Identify personal blocks to assertiveness
- Demonstrate assertive language and behaviors
- Avoid language and behaviors that are not assertive (passive, aggressive and passive-aggressive behaviors)
- Use assertive behaviors in everyday situations
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.