Ethical Type Indicator
How do you resolve the ethical and moral dilemmas that arise in your life? Can you identify, articulate, and defend the ethical principles that govern and influence your ethical and moral decision-making? What ethical type are you? Learn the answers to these questions with Ethical Type Indicator.
How It Works
The instrument consists of 42 statements reflective of one of six ethical theories. The tool is easy to complete and self-scoring takes only a few minutes. There are no right or wrong answers. Respond with personal honesty and candor to:
- Discover your primary ethical decision-making preference or ethical type
- Assess the degree to which you are influenced by ethical principles
- Become empowered to recognize, analyze and resolve future ethical dilemmas
- Do you regard written codes of conduct as helpful in resolving ethical dilemmas?
- Do you believe the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?
- Are the thoughts, feelings and beliefs of friends an important consideration?
Product includes explanation of how to interpret and use the raw scores; description of each ethical type; instructions for using the instrument for further self-exploration and communication with others; and a brief presentation of a disciplined process of ethical reasoning.
The facilitator's training manual includes:
- Background information on the Ethical Type Indicator
- Detailed instructions for its use
- The trainer's guide for conducting a seminar on ethical reasoning using the Ethical Type Indicator
- Seminar outlines
- PowerPoint slide show
2 hours, half day, or full day
What to Order
Order one facilitator set per facilitator and one assessment per participant. Facilitator support materials will be available to you as a digital download link in your order confirmation.
About the Author
Louie V. Larimer, is the founder and president of Focused Strategies, Inc., a management consulting firm that helps CEOs develop and implement profitable business strategies. He holds a bachelors degree in psychology, masters degree in business administration, and a juris doctorate. Mr. Larimer has taught graduate level courses in management, organizational development, ethics, law, conflict resolution, and negotiations.