How do you resolve the moral dilemmas arising in your life? Can you identify, articulate, and defend the principles governing and influencing your ethical and moral decision-making? What ethical type are you? Discover these answers with Ethical Type Indicator. This self-scoring personal assessment instrument measures the extent to which you prefer and use ethical philosophies when confronted with an ethical dilemma.
How It Works
The Ethical Type Indicator consists of 42 statements reflecting on ethical theories and practices in your workplace. The tool is easy to complete, and self-scoring requires only a few minutes.
- Do you regard written codes of conduct as helpful in resolving ethical dilemmas?
- Do you believe the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?
- Are the thoughts, feelings, and beliefs of friends an important consideration?
Uses and Applications
Use the Ethical Type Indicator to:
- Dispel common myths about business ethics
- Define an ideal ethical workplace
- Implement ethics, guidelines, and policies in your organization
- Identify and resolve typical ethical dilemmas
- Recognize and combat common excuses for unethical behavior
- Communicate well with unethical coworkers, customers, and vendors
There are no right or wrong answers in the Ethical Type Indicator. Respond with honesty and sincerity to:
- Discover your primary ethical decision-making preference or ethical type
- Assess the degree to which ethical principles influence you
- Become empowered to recognize, analyze and resolve future ethical dilemmas
Product Type: Assessment and workshop. The Trainer Guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session.
Target Audience: Employees at all levels.
Measures: Your employees' ethics and how they influence their work.
Dimensions: Decision-making, communication, and problem-solving.
Time Required: Two hours.
What to Order
Starter Kit: Order One Kit for Up to Five Participants and One Trainer.
The Starter Kit includes a Trainer Guide and a 5-pack of Paper Assessments.
Trainer Guide: Order One Guide Per Trainer.
The Trainer Guide includes background information, administrative guidelines, step-by-step workshop outline, and sample participant materials. Trainer materials will be available as a digital download link in your order confirmation.
Paper Assessment 5-Pack: Order One Pack for Up to Five Participants.
The Paper Assessment is ideal for facilitators who prefer to oversee scoring and administration of the assessment. It provides pressure-sensitive forms for manual scoring.
About the Authors
Louie V. Larimer, JD, is the founder and president of Focused Strategies, Inc., a management consulting firm helping CEOs develop and implement profitable business strategies. He holds a Bachelor's in Psychology, a Master's in Business Administration, and a Juris Doctorate. He has taught graduate-level courses in management, organizational development, ethics, law, conflict resolution, and negotiations.