Professional conduct in the workplace is important. If employees conduct themselves appropriately, it indicates they take pride in their company and understand ethical standards. It demonstrates awareness and respect for colleagues, clients, suppliers, and partners. But when conduct is poor, the risk to an organization can be huge.
HRDQ offers workplace conduct training materials that address a wide variety of social behaviors such as harassment, appearance, language, cultural differences, inter-personal issues, and more. Training for high levels of workplace conduct are especially important in today’s work environment and organizations should strive to foster an environment of courtesy, dignity, understanding, diversity, and fairness.
Ethics in the Workplace deals with the application of moral principles, standards of behavior, and set of values regarding proper conduct in the workplace. This program explores how workplace ethics should be developed, how to create policies that support them, and how to deal with problems.
Developing Positive Relationships at Work helps individuals create more positive relationships in the workplace. This training will help participants model the behavior desired and teach leaders the value of getting to know employees as individuals.
Developing Trust in the Workplace
Trust is an important element of every relationship—both personal and professional. If there isn’t a fundamental basis of trust in a work environment, projects suffer. Managers need to trust their employees to do the job they were hired to do, and employees need to trust that their managers will lead them to success.
There are a few ways to gain trust at work:
- Act with integrity. Be open and honest with your peers. A reputation for integrity is what helps others to trust you.
- Judge substance. Don’t just evaluate on looks alone—people can usually tell. Look below the surface.
- Offer status reports and forecasts. Keeping others informed of your actions and future plans helps them feel more comfortable, which makes them more likely to trust you.
- Confront tough issues. When people avoid difficulties, others see them as being less than honest. Approach issues head-on.
- Listen well. It’s hard to trust others who don’t listen to them. It’s hard for you to act in their best interests if you aren’t aware of what those interests are.
- Make realistic commitments and keep them. Don’t over-promise and under-deliver. Your current actions are the basis for others’ predictions about your future behavior.
- Set high expectations. By establishing high expectations, you are implicitly saying you believe the person can and will deliver. Keep people on your team who work to meet your expectations.
- Rigorously evaluate employees. Evaluate your employees thoroughly and fairly to assess what they are capable of.
Making the step to supervisor can feel like a difficult or stressful transition for most people. Especially because it takes skill to balance the n...View full detailsfrom $12.00
The Diversity Awareness Profile is a self-assessment tool that has helped millions of individuals improve working relationships among diverse co-wo...View full detailsfrom $61.00
Statistics show that only 60 percent of new supervisors are successful. So what happens to the other 40 percent? They're either fired for lack of p...View full detailsfrom $149.00
Business Etiquette from the Reproducible Training Library is a virtual and classroom instructor-led program you can download, customize, deliver to...View full detailsfrom $599.00
Working in an environment with unethical employees can have negative consequences on organizational trust, team-building, communication and morale....View full detailsfrom $599.00
In his 1970 essay, Robert K. Greenleaf described the “servant leader” as someone who desires first to serve and then to lead. It’s someone whose pr...View full detailsfrom $599.00
HRDQ One-Day Workshop Series The role of your supervisors changes dramatically because of constant developments within your company. Today's front...View full detailsfrom $169.00
An increasingly demanding work environment creates greater pressure and stress for every employee. In addition, impersonal electronic communication...View full detailsfrom $599.00