How It Works
The Negotiating Win-Win Solutions workshop gives participants a well-rounded learning experience by balancing facilitator instruction with group interaction and private reflection. Through a combination of HRDQ tools, including an assessment, a hands-on game, and small group activities, participants gain insight and practice collaborative negotiating skills. The session ends with an action planning sequence —helping participants to apply the learning to actual work-related situations.
Uses and Applications
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Pinpoint preferred negotiating styles and contrast the behaviors and outcomes of the five styles
- Recognize five factors to consider when preparing for any negotiation
- Learn how to use three essential interpersonal skills when negotiating
- Demonstrate the five-step process involved in conducting a win-win negotiation
- Practice applying win-win negotiating skills to an upcoming situation
- Understand a model of win-win negotiating and recognize the effectiveness of the collaborative style
Product Type: Training workshop. The Facilitator Guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session.
Target Audience: Individuals at all levels.
Measures: Your participants' ability top work through conflict and negotiate.
Dimensions: Communication, problem-solving, conflict resolution, and teamwork.
Time Required: One day or two half-days.
What to Order
Facilitator Kit: Order One Kit for Five Participants and One Trainer.
The Facilitator Kit includes a Facilitator Guide and a 5-pack of Participant Guides.
Participant Guide: Order One Guide Per Participant.
The Participant Guide is ideal for facilitators who prefer to oversee scoring and administration of the assessment. It includes pressure-sensitive forms for manual scoring.
About the Authors
HRDQ creates soft-skills learning solutions that help to improve the performance of individuals, teams, and organizations. At HRDQ, we believe an experiential approach is the best catalyst for adult learning. Our unique Experiential Learning Model has been the core of what we do for more than 40 years. Combining the best of organizational learning theory and proven facilitation methods with an appreciation for adult learning styles, our philosophy initiates and inspires lasting change.
Cathy Proviano, M.Ed. was a senior product developer at HRDQ. She is now an instructional designer.