Coaching Conversations Instructor-Led Course
Coaching skills can be applied to a variety of situations. Common coaching situations involve the "big picture" view of identifying a satisfying life path, or a more detailed view of improving performance in specific areas. In all situations, coaching is about tapping into a potential that would otherwise be idle, and using it for the benefit of the employee and the company.
According to the International Coach Foundation, coaching improves work performance by 70 percent time management by 57 percent, and team effectiveness by 51 percent. Coaching also impacts the manager or supervisor who coaches. A Results Coaching Systems study surveyed 30 supervisors who had been trained in coaching techniques. The coaches reported that they changed their managerial style to better empower their staff, with 60 percent feeling more valued by team members and 40 percent feeling more valued by their immediate boss.
This instructor-led training event will establish the context of a situation, then allow the participants a chance to practice or evaluate a portion of a coaching session. As a result you will be able to target specific areas for improvement, motivate and inspire individuals, communicate more effectively as a coach, and increase job satisfaction for your employees and yourself. This three hour-program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- The four-step process for conducting a coaching session
- Types of questions to ask during a coaching session
- Inquiry and advocacy as communication techniques
- Coaching for performance improvement, career development, and training skills
- How to be an effective business team coach and empower team members
- The four-step process of learning from mistakes
Participants Will Learn:
- Identify the four steps of a coaching session and how they are applied in various contexts
- Recognize the correct application of inquiry and advocacy in a coaching session
- Apply basic coaching techniques to coaching for performance improvement, career development, training for specific skills, coaching a business team.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.