Influence Instructor-Led Course
Influence is a tool of the successful—being able to affect influence or win others to your way of thinking, demands respect and allows you the authority to affect outcomes. Too often we assume only a person of influence can affect it.
However, influencing goes beyond positions of power and encompasses more subtle skills like empathy and active listening. It is rooted in effective communication skills and self-understanding. Learning how to demonstrate authenticity and integrity through your interactions with others and to how to have a strong sense of self-awareness lays the groundwork for mastering the art of influence—leading to improved working relationships and increased opportunities to see your ideas grow.
This instructor-led training event will focus on influence. This three hour-program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Establishing common ground reading others’ emotions and nonverbal cues
- Using active listening to improve understanding and self-disclosure to respond objectively
- Recognizing your communicative filters and preferences
- The four common communication styles and how they affect interactions
- The difference between misunderstandings and disagreements
- The five elements for building relationships and establishing integrity
Participants Will Learn:
- Build rapport and develop genuine relationships
- Improve communication skills, including verbal and nonverbal messages, to be more effective with others
- Recognize common barriers to communication
- Understand and use communication styles to tailor your communications
- Resolve conflicts
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.