Learning to Manage Instructor-Led Course
Making the transition from doing work yourself to managing others can feel overwhelming. This class will help minimize the stress and walk you through the process of management by targeting five specific areas. You'll learn to successfully handle staff, projects, performance, conflict, and even yourself as you evaluate and continuously improve your effectiveness as a manager.
No doubt, taking on a managerial role for the first time can be hard. You may be supervising former colleagues or getting to know an entirely new organization and set of employees. You'll feel pressure from below and above. So how do you set yourself up for success? It can be helpful to think about effective and ineffective managers you have encountered in your career.
This instructor-led training event will provide you with the tools you need to manage your team well. This three hour-program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Tasks and obligations of a manager.
- Knowing what traits and behaviors employees value most in a manager.
- The seven common pitfalls of management and best practices for avoiding them.
- How to develop solid relationships with employees.
Participants Will Learn:
- Understand how to make the transition into management.
- Avoid the common pitfalls that derail new managers.
- Discover how to communicate effectively up and down your organization.
- Explore ways to effectively delegate work and encourage employee development.
- Identify how to manage task-related and interpersonal crises.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.