Strategic Planning 101 Instructor-Led Course
Organizations of all types and sizes use strategic plans to become more successful and competitive. Strategic plans help to focus energy and resources on activities that align with the organization's mission and vision. They help to increase efficiency and reduce costs; improve marketing efforts and organizational development; and manage risk and uncertainty by making the organization more responsive to a changing environment.
Learning to write a strategic plan provides you with a crucial management tool for focusing your team's efforts on getting the right things done. By increasing your ability to help the organization achieve its goals, improving your strategic planning skills will also make you more valuable to your organization and improve your career prospects. This three hour-program offers workplace tips, exercises, practice activities, and more.
- Types of situations in which a strategic plan is most appropriate
- The components that make up a strategic plan
- Assembling your strategic planning team and identifying stakeholders
- How to align strategies with the organization’s vision, mission and values
- Assessing the current situation and the desired future state
- Setting priorities and developing objectives to help your team focus its efforts
- Formulating an action plan to help monitor progress
Participants Will Learn:
- Recognize the difference between a strategic plan and other planning processes.
- Identify the situations in which a strategic plan is most useful.
- Understand the three phases in the strategic planning process.
- Develop and implement strategies that will help you achieve long-term goals.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.