Analytical Thinking Skills Instructor-Led Course
Managers and employees make decisions every day based on personal experience, conventional wisdom, widely accepted best practices, or even the latest trend in business thinking. And, in many situations, the decisions may be appropriate. But how do you know for sure?
Analytical thinking, or the ability to systematically and logically work through an issue, focuses on using evidence as the basis for decision making. The Center for Evidence-Based Management lists numerous benefits to using an analytical approach when making decisions. It states that judgments based on hard data are more accurate than those based on individual experience. And according to a study published in Harvard Business Review, the best decision makers are “informed skeptics” who possess strong analytical skills. However, only 38 percent of employees fall into this category.
This instructor-led training event will focus on improving analytical thinking. This three hour-program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- What differentiates analytical thinking from critical thinking.
- How to clearly define the issue in a way that focuses on what you want to know and why you want to know it.
- Determining what information you’ll need to address the issue.
- What resources can be used for varying types of information and how to isolate the highest-quality data in each.
- Using the principles of logic and reasoning to develop a hypothesis or conclusion that can be tested. Understanding the difference between correlation and causation.
- How to avoid bias and surface hidden assumptions.
Participants Will Learn:
- Follow a systematic process that leads to objective, verifiable conclusions.
- Focus on and gather the information required to address the issue.
- Assess the data you gather by following the principles of logic and reasoning
- Communicate your analysis in a relatable and clear manner.
- Use your analysis to effect objective decision making.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.