Benchmarks of Team Excellence
Get the tool that measures a higher level of team functioning. Benchmarks of Team Excellence is a teamwork excellence assessment and training workshop that reveals important information about the experience and attitudes of those who know the team best - the team members.
By combining individual scores with the team’s scores, participants get a portrait of their team's overall level of performance in each of the six excellence indicators. Interpretative information provides insight into the ranges and scores. With analysis, discussion, and action planning questions, participants then reflect on and discuss the team’s functioning and how it can improve.
The Six Indicators of Excellence
- Alignment - a deep sense of vision or purpose that is shared among team members.
- Team Effectiveness - strong internal processes that allow coordinated efforts, such as shared values, trust, open communication, flexibility, and decision making.
- Empowerment - feeling empowered to do what is necessary; personal and collective power.
- Passion - high and sustained levels of energy, enthusiasm, excitement, and confidence.
- Commitment - deep commitment to the purpose of the team and to each other.
- Results - accomplishing outstanding results based on high standards.
Uses and Applications
Benchmarks of Team Excellence makes an effective stand-alone training session. It is also easily incorporated into a larger training program. The assessment has been used by a wide variety of organizations for team building and team leadership training, as well as in programs to teach the concepts of excellent organizational practices, characteristics of high-performance teams, and group dynamics.
- Measure the extent to which teams possess the six indicators of excellence
- Compare a team's performance with other excellent and high-performing teams
- Determine action steps to help teams move farther and faster along the journey toward excellence
Benchmarks of Team Excellence was developed as part of an extensive research project that investigated the relationship between various leadership behaviors (visionary leadership behaviors and good management practices) and the level of excellence in the manager's team. A thorough review and synthesis of the literature revealed six indicators of excellent work units: alignment, team effectiveness, empowerment, passion, commitment, and results.
Facilitator guide includes:
- Administrative guidelines
- Theoretical background
- Descriptions of the six indicators
- Interpretive information
- Technical development information including reliability, validity, and more
Participant guide includes:
- 36-item assessment
- Pressure-sensitive scoring form
- Description of the six indicators of excellence
- Charts for recording results
- Interpretive information
- Analysis questions
- Discussion questions
- Action planning
Product Type: Assessment and workshop
Time Required: 1 hour
What to Order
Order one facilitator guide per trainer and one participant guide per participant. Facilitator support materials will be available to you as a digital download link in your order confirmation.