Communicating as a Manager (RTL)
According to the American Management Association, a communication skills set is one of the six core competencies a manager needs to develop. Effective communication between managers and employees ensures employees know what is expected of them, understand what it is that they're doing correctly, and where they might need to improve. It also helps to increase employees' motivation and commitment, leading to greater achievement of organizational goals.
Communicating as a Manager: Help Your Employees to Succeed through Effective Communication is a great tool for managers, supervisors, and leaders alike who desire to improve their ability to guide employees or colleagues in their work. The program's primary focus is on improving an individual’s ability to fully listen and comprehend others' perceptions, to clearly convey expectations and performance feedback, and to effectively lead others through organizational change. Participants partake in multiple group activities throughout that allow them to apply the techniques and practices in each module using realistic scenarios.
- Recognize the situations in which it is most necessary for managers to communicate with their employees.
- Understand the role of active listening in effective communication.
- Identify ways to clearly convey your message.
- Effectively communicate performance expectations and performance goals.
- Coach employees and provide useful feedback.
- Facilitate the learning processes for employees as they take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Implement strategies for communicating in times of change and uncertainty.
- Hearing and Understanding Your Employees
- Getting Your Message Across
- Using Communication to Manage Performance
- Communicating in Times of Uncertainty and Change
- Virtual ILT, classroom ILT, and online self-study versions of each program
- Includes Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation
- All files delivered in MS Office format for easy customization
About the Reproducible Training Library
The RTL is a collection of 80+ customizable soft-skill programs for virtual or classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. Each title comes with versions for virtual instructor-led training, classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. You receive professionally developed and designed program materials for participants and facilitators so you're ready to train today. All material files are delivered in unlocked Microsoft Office format so you can also choose to customize the content or add your logo, anything you wish. The RTL is downloadable, customizable, reproducible, and flexible. Best of all, it's effective learning.
Buy in Quantity and Save!
If you're interested in 7 or more titles, why not consider the RTL Complete Collection? You'll get access to all RTL programs for one low entry price.
*Choosing the Correct License
All licenses are one (1) year term from date of purchase. At the term's end you must either renew license or discontinue all use of the content. Please read the RTL End-User Agreement (opens new tab) before purchase. Contact us if you have any questions.
Business - For unlimited use within an organization employing less than 5,000 people at one or more direct operating locations. EULA does not permit use outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
Corporate - For unlimited use within an organization and its subsidiaries employing 5,001-10,000 people across the entire organization. EULA does not permit training outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
- Enterprise - For unlimited use within a top-level organization, its subsidiaries, partners, and distributors employing more than 10,000 people across the enterprise. EULA permits training of all legally connected entities.