Communicating as a Manager (RTL)
According to the American Management Association, a communication skills set is one of the six core competencies a manager needs to develop. Effective communication between managers and employees ensures employees know what is expected of them, understand what it is that they're doing correctly, and where they might need to improve. It also helps to increase employees' motivation and commitment, leading to greater achievement of organizational goals.
Communicating as a Manager: Help Your Employees to Succeed through Effective Communication is a great tool for managers, supervisors, and leaders alike who desire to improve their ability to guide employees or colleagues in their work. The program's primary focus is on improving an individual’s ability to fully listen and comprehend others' perceptions, to clearly convey expectations and performance feedback, and to effectively lead others through organizational change. Participants partake in multiple group activities throughout that allow them to apply the techniques and practices in each module using realistic scenarios.
- Recognize the situations in which it is most necessary for managers to communicate with their employees.
- Understand the role of active listening in effective communication.
- Identify ways to clearly convey your message.
- Effectively communicate performance expectations and performance goals.
- Coach employees and provide useful feedback.
- Facilitate the learning processes for employees as they take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Implement strategies for communicating in times of change and uncertainty.
- Hearing and Understanding Your Employees
- Getting Your Message Across
- Using Communication to Manage Performance
- Communicating in Times of Uncertainty and Change
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.