The Customer Service Skills Profile (CSSP) was created in response to the concerns people have about preparing and delivering presentations. It was designed to strip away the mystique surrounding public speaking and demonstrates how we all are capable of becoming effective presenters.
How It Works
The CCSP is an 84-item assessment that provides an objective process for self-assessing how team members are performing in seven essential service competencies, including:
- Engaging in joint problem-solving
- Building warmth and empathy
- Carefully negotiating
- Resolving conflict
- Temperament and disposition
- Attentive listening
- Communicating clearly
The assessment identifies development priorities and provides coaching tips to improve service practices. Participants are given a planning template that focuses on their top five development needs.
The questionnaire uses graduated response scales (almost never to almost always) to help employees draw accurate conclusions about how skilled they presently are in customer service.
Uses and Applications
The CSSP generates insight into how well your customer service team:
- Demonstrates an open, give-and-take attitude toward other employees and customers
- Presents clear thoughts when communicating with all kinds of people
- Uses a positive, constructive, and solution-focused approach whenever conflict arises
- Analyzes situations and customer concerns and suggests actions to resolve problems
- Negotiates to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Builds a spirit of trust and sincerity for clients
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Discover how to greet and connect with customers and other employees on a new level
- Fully understand how to respect your client's priorities and time
- Learn how to listen and evaluate your customers' every need
Product Type: Assessment and workshop. The Facilitator Guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session.
Target Audience: Customer service representatives.
Measures: Participants' customer service skills.
Dimensions: Communicating and strategizing skills.
Time Required: One workday.
What to Order
Starter Kit: Order One Kit for Up to Five Participants and One Trainer.
The Starter Kit includes a Facilitator Guide and a 5-pack of Paper Assessments.
Facilitator Guide: Order One Guide Per Trainer.
The Facilitator Guide includes background information, administrative guidelines, step-by-step workshop outline, and sample participant materials. Facilitator materials will be available as a digital download link in your order confirmation.
Paper Assessment 5-Pack: Order One Pack for Up to Five Participants.
The Paper Assessment is ideal for facilitators who prefer to oversee scoring and administration of the assessment. It provides pressure-sensitive forms for manual scoring.
About the Authors
Dr. Jon Warner has had a long international management career spanning more than 20 years in the U.K, Australia, and the U.S, where he now lives. He held several senior management positions, including being CEO in three separate companies (a publishing firm, management consulting business, and e-commerce company).