How It Works
Extraordinary Teams Inventory begins with a 25-item online team assessment that measures the Five Indicators of Extraordinary Teams:
- Compelling purpose
- Embracing difference
- Full engagement
- Strengthened relationships
- Profound learning
The anonymous responses from each team member are combined to create a team profile that serves as the basis for the half-day workshop. Teams learn about each of the five dimensions and then make a group decision about whether or not they want to increase their collective capacity to improve the team's effectiveness. The team assessment takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. If you are not conducting the half-day workshop, we recommend you allow an hour for interpretation and group discussion.
In addition to the online team assessment, the Extraordinary Teams Inventory Facilitator Guide includes all the tools you need to lead the half-day classroom workshop, from comprehensive background information and step-by-step instructions to a professional Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, discussion questions, and action planning exercises.
Designed For Team Delivery
Purchase one credit for each team you would like to assess. There is no limit to how many team members can take the assessment, but a minimum of three participants is required on each team to generate the group report.
Uses and Applications
- Rate and discuss the teamwork experience
- Help teams to understand the dynamics related to their performance
- Determine if teams are - or are not - equipped to become extraordinary
- Motivate teams to change behavior
- Monitor and benchmark team progress
At the end of this workshop, participants will have the skills to:
- Realize the difference between ordinary and extraordinary teamwork
- Identify a team's ETI profile
- Understand team member perspectives about performance
- Pinpoint specific team and individual actions to improve effectiveness
- Increase team member self-awareness, trust, and commitment to the team
Also see the classroom version of this assessment.