Implicit Bias in the Workplace (RTL)
We all hold biases—our brains are naturally wired to establish patterns and associations between information in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our decision making. Some biases we expressly acknowledge, and others we are much less perceptive to. Most the time, our implicit, or unconscious biases are harmless, and can even be positive. However, they’re not always accurate, and as a result, can have very negative consequences.
In this program, participants will learn how to surface their biases and what they can do at both a managerial and individual level to improve the equity, and objectivity of their decision-making. They will also build a greater understanding of how implicit bias develops, the areas of the workplace where it can have a negative impact, and how to appropriately address situations where it is present—from the perspective of someone who has observed or been the recipient of implicit bias, as well as someone who has acted on implicit bias.
- Understand the nature and origins of implicit bias
- Recognize the ways that implicit bias can lead to unfair or harmful decisions and actions in the workplace
- Identify ways to effectively address situations where implicit bias has had a negative impact
- Discover strategies to ensure decisions and actions are equitable and objective
This course is appropriate for business professionals who want to better understand implicit bias, and specifically how it affects the workplace; and, who want to encourage greater equity and objectivity in their own decisions, as well as at a systemic level in the workplace.
What the Program Offers:
- Interactive learning setting
- Opportunity to apply concepts in a risk-free environment
- Three delivery formats to suit your training needs: Classroom Instructor-Led Training, Virtual Instructor-Led Training, and Self-Paced Online Learning
- Open-format, editable files, giving you the ability to customize the materials to suit your audience’s needs or your organization's guidelines
- Three different course formats for each program: Classroom, Virtual, and eLearning
- All the necessary files for training and preparation: Facilitator Guide, Participant Guide, Classroom Presentation, Learning Summary, Course Evaluation, and Course Overview
About the Reproducible Training Library
The RTL is a collection of 80+ customizable soft-skill programs for virtual or classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. Each title comes with versions for virtual instructor-led training, classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. You receive professionally developed and designed program materials for participants and facilitators so you're ready to train today. All material files are delivered in unlocked Microsoft Office format so you can also choose to customize the content or add your logo, anything you wish. The RTL is downloadable, customizable, reproducible, and flexible. Best of all, it's effective learning.
Buy in Quantity and Save!
If you're interested in 7 or more titles, why not consider the RTL Complete Collection? You'll get access to all RTL programs for one low entry price.
*Choosing the Correct License
All licenses are one (1) year term from date of purchase. At the term's end you must either renew license or discontinue all use of the content. Please read the RTL End-User Agreement (opens new tab) before purchase. Contact us if you have any questions.
Business - For unlimited use within an organization employing less than 5,000 people at one or more direct operating locations. EULA does not permit use outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
Corporate - For unlimited use within an organization and its subsidiaries employing 5,001-10,000 people across the entire organization. EULA does not permit training outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
- Enterprise - For unlimited use within a top-level organization, its subsidiaries, partners, and distributors employing more than 10,000 people across the enterprise. EULA permits training of all legally connected entities.