Implicit Bias in the Workplace (RTL)
We all hold biases—our brains are naturally wired to establish patterns and associations between information in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our decision making. Some biases we expressly acknowledge, and others we are much less perceptive to. Most the time, our implicit, or unconscious biases are harmless, and can even be positive. However, they’re not always accurate, and as a result, can have very negative consequences.
In this program, participants will learn how to surface their biases and what they can do at both a managerial and individual level to improve the equity, and objectivity of their decision-making. They will also build a greater understanding of how implicit bias develops, the areas of the workplace where it can have a negative impact, and how to appropriately address situations where it is present—from the perspective of someone who has observed or been the recipient of implicit bias, as well as someone who has acted on implicit bias.
- Understand the nature and origins of implicit bias
- Recognize the ways that implicit bias can lead to unfair or harmful decisions and actions in the workplace
- Identify ways to effectively address situations where implicit bias has had a negative impact
- Discover strategies to ensure decisions and actions are equitable and objective
- Interactive learning setting
- Opportunity to apply concepts in a risk-free environment
- Three delivery formats to suit your training needs: Classroom Instructor-Led Training, Virtual Instructor-Led Training, and Self-Paced Online Learning
- Open-format, editable files, giving you the ability to customize the materials to suit your audience’s needs or your organization's guidelines
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.