Influencing Style Clock
Understanding how you impact others is the foundation for building effective communication and developing your influencing skills. The Influencing Style Clock (ISC) provides a quick and easy ‘mirror,’ helping employees increase self-awareness and identify how to change others successfully.
The ISC looks at the four major styles individuals are likely to adopt when seeking to influence others. Use this training tool to illustrate how each style interacts and showcase each style’s strengths and weaknesses.
How It Works
This workshop uses a psychometric questionnaire to identify participants' style preferences and identify their influencing strengths, blind-spots, and development opportunities. The assessment describes participants' specific influencing style type or the blend of types each individual is predisposed to display. This starting point is ideal for explaining the strengths, characteristics, situational disadvantages, and optimal uses of each style type.
Uses and Applications
Enlighten participants on how to:
- Motivate others by representing the desired course of action with more compelling logic, feelings, energy, and commitment
- Be more effective change agents by understanding and using the influencing style that complements a given change initiative
- Understand their communication/influencing style predisposition so they can use it as a strength and at the same time fill in the gaps with other influence styles to complete their ability to influence effectively
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Comprehend the difference between influencing and positions of power
- Recognize the influencing style of others
- Apply influencing styles enabling managers to frame problems and solutions
- Understand how effective influencing lowers conflict, promotes team morale, and focuses groups towards their common goals
Product Type: Assessment and workshop. The Facilitator Guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session.
Target Audience: The Influencing Style Clock workshop and assessment are appropriate for use at all organizational levels. It is likely to be of particular value to managers and supervisors, as well as to individuals in roles that have a negotiation, consultative, counseling, sales, or customer-service orientation.
Measures: Your employees' influencing styles.
Dimensions: Expressiveness and assertiveness.
Time Required: 30 minutes.
What to Order
Starter Kit: Order One Kit for Up to Five Participants and One Trainer.
The Starter Kit includes a Facilitator Guide and a 5-pack of Paper Assessments.
Facilitator Guide: Order One Guide Per Trainer.
The Facilitator Guide includes background information, administrative guidelines, step-by-step workshop outline, and sample participant materials. Facilitator materials will be available as a digital download link in your order confirmation.
Paper Assessment 5-Pack: Order One Pack for Up to Five Participants.
The Paper Assessment is ideal for facilitators who prefer to oversee scoring and administration of the assessment. It provides pressure-sensitive forms for manual scoring.
About the Authors
Jon Warner is a professional manager with over 20 years of experience working with multinational companies in the United Kingdom, Europe, the United States, and Australia. He has been the senior staff member in human resources departments and has held several professional leadership positions with responsibility for large groups of employees. Jon has in recent years been involved in wide-ranging organizational consultancy work and the pursuit of best-practices leadership for such significant organizations as Mobil Oil, Quantas, United Energy, Dow Corning, Coca Cola, Barclays Bank, National Bank, Honda, BTR, Gas and Fuel, Air Products and Chemicals, and Caltex.