Leaders Of Character: Leadership - The West Point Way - DVD (DS)
West Point has historically produced phenomenal leaders. This video program looks into what makes this institution so effective in leadership training: The emphasis placed on character development.
- How ethics determines the basis of leadership
- How to develop a leaders' integrity
- How to align staff around core values
Leaders of Character: Leadership -The West Point Way takes you behind the scenes at the military academy and into the nation’s foremost private and government organizations where West Point graduates now work.
This captivating program is hosted by Ed Ruggero, West Point graduate and author of the book, Duty First: A Year in the Life of West Point and the Making of American Leaders. First, Ed takes us into West Point itself. There we see how, from their first day to their last, cadets learn and apply the leadership principles that will take them to greatness, whether on the battlefield or in the boardroom.
Then, we are taken into some of this country's foremost organizations, including Procter & Gamble, the FBI, Penguin Publishing, and People's Health Center, where we see West Point graduates, now in private-sector leadership positions, putting their skills to work.
- Ethics form the true basis of leadership.
- A leader's communication is critical to the success of those s/he leads.
- Teamwork is the transformative key to a group's effectiveness.
- A great leader knows how to delegate tasks and responsibility downward.
- A leader must be able to plan and be willing to abandon that plan if change demands it.
- Failure can teach powerful lessons.
Viewers and participants in the training workshop will be inspired and will receive the knowledge and tools they need to be effective, character-driven, and admired by those they lead.
Languages: English, Spanish (subtitled), Chinese Simplified (subtitled), and Chinese Traditional (subtitled).