Leadership And Self-Deception - DVD (DS)
This thought-provoking training workshop, based on the best-selling book, shows how reducing self-deception may be the single most important step to improve workplace relationships and increase productivity.
- Helps people gain insight into self-deception
- Creates self-aware leaders
- Enhances problem-solving skills
Would you be surprised to learn that self-deception is the #1 obstacle to organizational effectiveness? What is self-deception, and why is it so prevalent? Simply put, "self-deception" is the problem of not being able to see that you are the problem.
For instance: Think about the most difficult person you've ever had to work with. What made them difficult? Did they consider themselves a problem? Chances are, they did not. Despite the fact that you (and everyone else around them) could see they were a problem, they couldn't see it.
Leadership & Self-Deception illustrates this concept by presenting an unforgettable video re-enactment matched with a comprehensive workshop. The video and workshop exercises offer a poignant look at how self-deception prevents us from seeing the obvious solution to some of our biggest workplace problems, providing tools for analyzing and solving problems, at their core.
Participants learn that most, if not all "people problems" (poor communication, lack of teamwork, unresolved conflict) share a common root: self-deception. The very people involved in resolving a given problem contribute to it, and even help spread it. And, the solution to that problem always begins with them.
This training program illustrates self-deception and its solutions through a combination of video and workshop exercises:
- The video piece, which re-enacts the true story of 18th Century physician Ignaz Semmelweis, causes people to think about our human tendency to look elsewhere for the cause of our problems
- The workshop helps trainees discuss the video and apply the concept to their work-lives. It provides tools for analyzing and solving problems at their core
- Most - if not all - "people problems" (poor communication, lack of teamwork, unresolved conflict...) share a common root: self-deception.
- The very people involved in resolving a problem may contribute to it, and even help spread it.
- The solution to a problem always begins with them.