Learning Style Questionnaire (HRD Press)
Measure your participants' preferred method of learning using the Learning Style Questionnaire. Based on research by training expert Chris Hutcheson, this assessment provides the concepts and insight into adult learning that every trainer needs. Use this tool to identify your employees' learning styles and capitalize on their learning strengths to improve any potential areas of weakness.
How It Works
The Learning Style Questionnaire measures participants' preferred method of learning through four dimensions: participating, reflecting, structuring, and experimenting. Each of the 20 questions in this questionnaire has four possible answers, with each representing one of four learning styles. By ranking the four possible answers according to his or her degree of preference, participants identify their preferred learning style.
Uses and Applications
Use The Learning Style Questionnaire:
- With employees who need to explore and develop their learning styles
- With team leaders who must present an understanding of the different learning styles
- As an introductory training activity on learning styles
- As the centerpiece of a one-day facilitated training workshop on learning styles
By the end of this training session, participants will:
- Identify individual learning style preferences
- Increase the awareness of learning activities congruent with their learning styles
- Develop less dominant learning styles
- Balance the learning styles of groups
- Surface any team learning difficulties
- Product Type: Assessment. The Leader Guide includes everything you need to lead a successful training session.
- Target Audience: Employees at all levels.
- Measures: Your participants' specific learning styles.
- Dimensions: Participation, communication, and reflection.
- Time Required: One workday.
What to Order
Starter Kit: Order One Kit for Up to Five Participants and One Trainer
The Starter Kit includes a Leader Guide and a 5-pack of Paper Assessments.
Leader Guide: Order One Guide Per Trainer
The Leader Guide includes background information, administrative guidelines, step-by-step workshop outline, and sample participant materials. Materials will be available as a digital download link in your order confirmation.
Paper Assessment 5-Pack: Order One Pack for Up to Five Participants
The Paper Assessment is ideal for facilitators who prefer to oversee scoring and administration of the assessment. It provides pressure-sensitive forms for manual scoring.
About the Author
Chris Hutcheson is the President and Founder of IDEA Ltd. He brings a considerable background to his firm, with experience in the hospitality sector, retail fashion trade, banking industry, and nearly 20 years in the training and development field.