Listening With Intent (RTL)
Being a great listener is essential at work. If someone shows a sincere desire to understand what others have to say, has an open mind, and is willing to have their assumptions and conclusions about others’ messages corrected, they show the signs of being an active listener. Benefits and results of good listening skills include minimizing misunderstandings, encouraging open communication, increasing cooperation, and collaborative problem solving.
Listening with Intent teaches participants how to master the skills of active listening. They will learn how to connect with the speaker, how to collect information by paying attention to the context of the message, how to reach an unbiased conclusion about what they learned, and how to understand common situations that block active listening.
- Explore the process of active listening
- Identify personal filters that create obstacles to active listening
- Understand cultural differences that form barriers to active listening
- Discover ways to practice active listening in a conflict
- Implement steps to regain the listener’s attention when it wavers
- What is Active Listening
- Obstacles to Active Listening
- Gender and Cultural Differences
- Situational Listening
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.