Listening With Intent (RTL)
Being a great listener is essential at work. If someone shows a sincere desire to understand what others have to say, has an open mind, and is willing to have their assumptions and conclusions about others’ messages corrected, they show the signs of being an active listener. Benefits and results of good listening skills include minimizing misunderstandings, encouraging open communication, increasing cooperation, and collaborative problem solving.
Listening with Intent teaches participants how to master the skills of active listening. They will learn how to connect with the speaker, how to collect information by paying attention to the context of the message, how to reach an unbiased conclusion about what they learned, and how to understand common situations that block active listening.
- Explore the process of active listening
- Identify personal filters that create obstacles to active listening
- Understand cultural differences that form barriers to active listening
- Discover ways to practice active listening in a conflict
- Implement steps to regain the listener’s attention when it wavers
- What is Active Listening
- Obstacles to Active Listening
- Gender and Cultural Differences
- Situational Listening
- Virtual ILT, classroom ILT, and online self-study versions of each program
- Includes Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation
- All files delivered in MS Office format for easy customization
About the Reproducible Training Library
The RTL is a collection of 80+ customizable soft-skill programs for virtual or classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. Each title comes with versions for virtual instructor-led training, classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. You receive professionally developed and designed program materials for participants and facilitators so you're ready to train today. All material files are delivered in unlocked Microsoft Office format so you can also choose to customize the content or add your logo, anything you wish. The RTL is downloadable, customizable, reproducible, and flexible. Best of all, it's effective learning.
Buy in Quantity and Save!
If you're interested in 7 or more titles, why not consider the RTL Complete Collection? You'll get access to all RTL programs for one low entry price.
*Choosing the Correct License
All licenses are one (1) year term from date of purchase. At the term's end you must either renew license or discontinue all use of the content. Please read the RTL End-User Agreement (opens new tab) before purchase. Contact us if you have any questions.
Business - For unlimited use within an organization employing less than 5,000 people at one or more direct operating locations. EULA does not permit use outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
Corporate - For unlimited use within an organization and its subsidiaries employing 5,001-10,000 people across the entire organization. EULA does not permit training outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
- Enterprise - For unlimited use within a top-level organization, its subsidiaries, partners, and distributors employing more than 10,000 people across the enterprise. EULA permits training of all legally connected entities.