Managing Your Emotions in a Triggering Time Instructor-Led Course
In a typical workday, workers encounter many situations that spark a variety of emotions and those emotions are magnified in particularly stressful times or situations. During these times it's important to know when and how to express emotions, and when to keep them in check. Outbursts, passive-aggressive behavior, or detachment are never responsible ways to handle emotions at work.
One step in managing emotions is to work on emotional intelligence (EI). A Career Builder survey of HR professionals revealed that EI is a critical characteristic for landing a job and advancing one’s career. Seventy-one percent of respondents said they value emotional intelligence in an employee more than IQ.
This instructor-led training event will give you the tools you need to recognize your emotional triggers, control your emotional and physical responses, and handle other’s emotions. As a result, you will be able to communicate more effectively with subordinates, supervisors and coworkers, be able to channel negative energy into more positive and productive activities, and will promote your overall emotional intelligence. This three hour-program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Understand the trigger-perception-response cycle
- Learn to recognize and control physical responses to emotions
- Creating productive confrontations
- How to handle your own outbursts and others’ outbursts, in the moment and after the fact
- Understanding the difference between constructive and destructive communication
Participants Will Learn:
- To recognize the messages our emotions send us at work
- To understand the trigger-perception-response cycle
- How to reframe our thinking to avoid emotional outbursts
- To replace emotional outbursts with productive confrontations
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.