Mentoring 101 (RTL)
Contrary to popular belief, mentoring is not simply an occasion where an older employee imparts all of their invaluable wisdom upon a younger, lesser experienced colleague. To make the mentoring relationship a success, there must be reciprocally tangible and intangible benefits for both the mentee and mentor.
A study by Gartner found that mentoring resulted in a higher rate of promotions and salary increases for both mentees and mentors as compared to those who did not participate in any mentoring relationship. But both people need to work to make the relationship a success, and it takes consistent communication, respect, and ownership at both ends.
Mentoring 101 teaches participants how to ask the right questions, set up expectations, and establish measurements of success to ensure the relationship is a valuable to both parties. This program shows how to establish and maintain a successful mentoring relationship from both the perspective of a mentor and a mentee to ensure you gain the most from the opportunity.
- Identify the elements of a good mentoring match
- Recognize the mentee's responsibilities in the mentoring relationship
- Deliver constructive criticism to help a mentee improve their abilities
- Handle issues in the mentoring relationship
- Successfully move beyond the mentoring relationship
- Laying the Groundwork
- How to Be a Great Mentee
- How to Be a Great Mentor
- Navigating Challenging Issues
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.