Mentoring 101 (RTL)
Contrary to popular belief, mentoring is not simply an occasion where an older employee imparts all of their invaluable wisdom upon a younger, lesser experienced colleague. To make the mentoring relationship a success, there must be reciprocally tangible and intangible benefits for both the mentee and mentor.
A study by Gartner found that mentoring resulted in a higher rate of promotions and salary increases for both mentees and mentors as compared to those who did not participate in any mentoring relationship. But both people need to work to make the relationship a success, and it takes consistent communication, respect, and ownership at both ends.
Mentoring 101 teaches participants how to ask the right questions, set up expectations, and establish measurements of success to ensure the relationship is a valuable to both parties. This program shows how to establish and maintain a successful mentoring relationship from both the perspective of a mentor and a mentee to ensure you gain the most from the opportunity.
- Identify the elements of a good mentoring match
- Recognize the mentee's responsibilities in the mentoring relationship
- Deliver constructive criticism to help a mentee improve their abilities
- Handle issues in the mentoring relationship
- Successfully move beyond the mentoring relationship
- Laying the Groundwork
- How to Be a Great Mentee
- How to Be a Great Mentor
- Navigating Challenging Issues
- Virtual ILT, classroom ILT, and online self-study versions of each program
- Includes Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation
- All files delivered in MS Office format for easy customization
About the Reproducible Training Library
The RTL is a collection of 80+ customizable soft-skill programs for virtual or classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. Each title comes with versions for virtual instructor-led training, classroom instructor-led training and online self-study learning. You receive professionally developed and designed program materials for participants and facilitators so you're ready to train today. All material files are delivered in unlocked Microsoft Office format so you can also choose to customize the content or add your logo, anything you wish. The RTL is downloadable, customizable, reproducible, and flexible. Best of all, it's effective learning.
Buy in Quantity and Save!
If you're interested in 7 or more titles, why not consider the RTL Complete Collection? You'll get access to all RTL programs for one low entry price.
*Choosing the Correct License
All licenses are one (1) year term from date of purchase. At the term's end you must either renew license or discontinue all use of the content. Please read the RTL End-User Agreement (opens new tab) before purchase. Contact us if you have any questions.
Business - For unlimited use within an organization employing less than 5,000 people at one or more direct operating locations. EULA does not permit use outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
Corporate - For unlimited use within an organization and its subsidiaries employing 5,001-10,000 people across the entire organization. EULA does not permit training outside the organization, e.g. partners, distributors and consultants.
- Enterprise - For unlimited use within a top-level organization, its subsidiaries, partners, and distributors employing more than 10,000 people across the enterprise. EULA permits training of all legally connected entities.