Other Side Of The Window: Providing Exceptional Service in Government - DVD (DS)
In this video, a government worker experiences the challenges of also being a public sector customer. But it also shows how government service providers can give the service and respect required while adhering to systems.
- Teaches government employees service basics
- Ensures the public is respected
- Illustrates the importance of empathy
There's nothing quite so powerful as viewing circumstances from the other person's perspective. This is the true value of experiencing "the other side of that window".
This important video illustrates how bureaucratic systems and procedures, however necessary to workflow, can get in the way of providing the level of service - and respect - the public requires. It's a valuable journey into attitudes and assumptions, a realistic look at the day-to-day public sector workplace that is full of customers anxious about the help they need and well-meaning CSRs hampered by inflexible rules.
Government employees learn:
- It's possible to apply flexibility and common sense so that working 'by the book' doesn't preclude satisfying the customer
- Behind every voice on the phone is a human being with real needs and concerns
- Most people seeking help from government agencies are addressing serious issues and empathy goes a long way
- Every customer should be treated with the same degree of courtesy and respect, no matter what the circumstances
In addition to the vignettes that take place in government office settings with actual service windows, there is a supplemental service scenario that demonstrates the need for good government customer service "in the field". Also included are inspiring meeting opener and a meeting closer segments.