Positive Discipline - DVD (DS)
- Shows how to address performance problems
- Helps uncover workable solutions
- Promotes employee accountability
What is the best part of being a leader? Dealing with people! What is the worst part of being a leader? Dealing with people! Positive Discipline teaches you how to address performance problems, help uncover workable solutions and promote employee accountability.
While being a manager has its many advantages, it comes with the task of monitoring employee performance and addressing performance problems when they arise. Based on the 5-step model outlined in the book by Eric Harvey and Paul Sims, this program is a training resource your organization will find invaluable!This highly effective training tool teaches supervisors how to prepare for an employee performance improvement discussion, manage the discussion appropriately (and legally), place ownership of the problem's resolution with the employee, and get the desired outcome without losing employee commitment.
- Identify the Problem – the gap between the actual &desired behavior
- Analyze the Problem's Severity – determine the impact and consequences of the behavior if not corrected
- Discuss the Problem – talk to the employee and gain their agreement on a solution
- Document the Discussion – including the history of the problem and what was said and agreed upon
- Follow-up to Monitor Results – recognize improvements, or take action if the problem hasn't resolved