Put it in Writing (RTL)
Sharing information in the form of a report is part of most workers’ daily responsibilities. Without the right information or the right delivery (both in writing and in person), a report can do more to hinder communication than support it. Many employees struggle with this – producing instead reports that are unorganized, wordy, overly formal or informal, and inconsistently formatted, resulting in unnecessary confusion and a loss of credibility.
Put it in Writing helps employees create reports that are relevant, organized, credible, and professional no matter whether the message is intended to help improve work processes, resolve an issue, or encourage a decision. Participants are given the opportunity to apply the techniques for developing effective reports and hone their skills through numerous individual and group writing activities throughout the course. The program closes with practices on converting the content of a written report into a compelling presentation that leaves the audience with a positive impression and clear sense of the next steps.
- Identify how to prepare the content and structure of your report
- Discover the elements that make up some of the most common types of reports
- Learn techniques for making your report clear, credible, professional, and accurate
- Understand how to best present the content of your report
- Preparing to Write
- Writing a Report - Elements of Each Type
- Writing a Report - Tips and Mistakes to Avoid
- Presenting a Report
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.