The Rainforest Game
How It Works
Uses and Applications
Perfect as a stand-alone module or in conjunction with a larger organizational learning process, The Rainforest Game (Second Edition) is highly adaptable and flexible. The facilitator can focus discussion on several additional areas that may be relevant for the organization, including:
- Problem Solving
- The scenario in this revised edition has been changed from its original focus on collaboration at work to one that looks at the growing practice of collaboration and leadership in virtual and dispersed teams.
- The game now includes more expansive insight into how the simulation experience aids the understanding and development of collaboration, communication, and relationship-building skills within the context of virtual teams.
- The extensively reworked and expanded PowerPoint presentation not only provides more insight into the four-phase model for working collaboratively across boundaries, but also provides much more support for novice or inexperienced facilitators.
- The debrief discussion now offers more activities to help deepen the learning experience and prepare learners to develop their individual action plans.
- Work more effectively across functions, geography, and distance
- Work through communication barriers
- Creatively solve complex problems
- Examine assumptions about how people and functions work together
- Apply skills for working across boundaries all while building relationships and achieving common goals
Individuals who are either currently - or planning to - work virtually or anyone who works with others across both internal and external boundaries
To experience the value of collaborating and communicating across boundaries.
Approximately 3 hours
What to Order
The complete kit contains sufficient materials to play the game with up to 25 participants (or five teams of two to five people). All materials are reusable except for the participant workbooks and sticker sheets. To repeat-play the game, simply order additional participant workbooks and sticker sheets. To run multiple rounds of the game simultaneously, order an extra game pack for each additional group of up to 25 participants. The extra game pack includes 25 participant workbooks, 48 puzzle pieces (separated into five drawstring bags), five sticker sheets (eight stickers per sheet), and five laminated instruction cards.