Resilience Instructor-Led Course
The average worker encounters many stressors during the day–due dates, meetings, disagreements, difficult clients, and a never-ending flow of assignments. As employees balance all these situations while working for 40 hours or more a week, emotional resolve starts to weaken. When this happens, workers lose patience with each other, find their jobs less meaningful, and even develop health issues.
A NIOSH report showed that 80 percent of workers feel job stress, and nearly half say they need help in learning how to manage stress. In addition, the same study reported that workplace stress caused health difficulties for 65 percent of respondents, with 10 percent having major effects. The fact is, workplace stress is unavoidable. The key to handling stress is not to avoid it, but to find methods to work with it without losing resolve.
This course is designed to give participants the tools they need to identify workplace stressors, end self-deprecating talk, build communicative workplace structures, and calmly deal with change. As a result, participants will be able to calmly handle daily upsets, have better relationships with coworkers and clients, and find greater happiness and satisfaction in day-to-day work life.
- How to build "quake-proof" resilience by being firm and flexible
- How to recognize your inner voices: critic, worrier, victim
- Learn how to build a support network
- How to strengthen connections and work through conflict
- How to set goals and achieve them
- The four stages of change: denial, anger, bargaining, acceptance
- Recognizing and overcoming resistance
- Characteristics of personal responses to change: No!, Go!, Slow, and Flow
Participants Will Learn:
- To bounce back from adversity
- Build your self-esteem as a foundation of resilience
- Make and maintain connections to build resilience
- Accept and embrace change
- Use flexible thinking to overcome obstacles
- Implement stress management and relaxation strategies to maintain resilience
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.