Respectful Communicator: The Part You Play - DVD (DS)
- How interpersonal communication can make or break productivity and morale
- Practical learning on the sometimes abstract concepts of respect and inclusion
- How to communicate clearly (without demeaning, devaluing or offending others)
Effective communication is at the heart of the organizational performance. With the increased diversity present in today's workplace, the potential for miscommunication has never been greater. When miscommunications occur, results are bound to suffer. Well-intentioned people can cause others to feel disrespected, and as a result of a morale and productivity drop, good people leave, and in some cases, lawsuits are filed.
Disrespect is most often caused when we fail to recognize and appreciate the different backgrounds, experiences, and opinions of others. Employees at all levels need to understand specific things they can do to build an environment where respect and inclusiveness thrive.
Respectful Communicator: The Part You Play goes beyond communication "basics" and includes techniques for making sure we understand what someone has said, caring about the way we come across and showing people we value their ideas. In the program, onscreen hosts and vignettes demonstrate five guidelines that participants can put into practice immediately:
- Consider your audience
- Talk with someone instead of about them
- Confirm that you understand what someone is saying
- Know the boundaries of what's appropriate to talk about
- Communicate respectfully during disagreements
Languages: English and Spanish (subtitled).