Complete Game Kit
New systems, organizational changes and productivity demands are realities in today's workplace and to effectively meet these challenges, positive communication is a must. Communication Derailed is a powerful, simulation-based communication style game that will help you to proactively equip your people with the skills they need to become good communicators. This hands-on activity tackles three typical communication challenges: communication within a team, between teams, and during organizational stress. Three comprehensive, self-contained modules provide the necessary framework to conduct independent training workshops or a series of sessions.
How It WorksWorking as employees of a toy manufacturing company, teams are charged with building new prototypes using fun, colorful parts. But the hands-on tasks become difficult when they are presented with obstacles that challenge their communication skills. Through the experience of working together and with the help of the facilitator, participants learn how to overcome these problems to improve their performance through effective communication.
Uses and ApplicationsCommunication Derailed is appropriate for individuals at any level of an organization. The three modules can be run independently or in a series.
- Module 1 can be run with new teams (to give them an idea of the challenges they may face) or existing teams (to expose and identify current communication problems). This can also be used for general team communication skill-building.
- Module 2 is appropriate in organizations that require cross-team or cross-department work. Organizations with only a few levels of management will also benefit from this training.
- Module 3 should be used in organizations that are in the midst of a transition. It will also be helpful to fast-moving organizations that function under continual time pressure.
- Recognize how poor communication can damage an organization
- Understand how to handle unique communication problems
- Learn how to improve communication skills
- Create a personal action plan
All individuals - especially those working on a team or with new people
2 to 3 hours per module
There are three modules that can be combined or used separately