Breakthrough Creativity Profile
It's not IF you're creative - It's HOW you're creative.
What do you picture when you envision someone who is creative? Perhaps an artist or inventor? Sure, these people are visibly creative. But the fact is that everyone is creative. Just as there are multiple styles of intelligence, there are multiple styles of creativity that produce different yet equally valuable results.
Organizations that integrate creativity into their DNA can achieve significant benefits, including better team performance, increased flexibility, greater retention rates, creative problem solving - and a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
New from creativity expert Dr. Lynne Levesque, the Breakthrough Creativity Profile, Second Edition is the tool you need to uncover creative talents in the workplace. Based on Carl Jung's well-known personality theory, this learning instrument identifies dominant and auxiliary preferences from eight creative styles: Adventurer, Diplomat, Explorer, Inventor, Navigator, Pilot, Poet, and Visionary.
How It Works
The Breakthrough Creativity Profile presents a series of 16 incomplete statements. Individuals are asked to assign points to four possible endings based upon how they would typically behave in the given situation. Scores reveal preferences across both data collecting and decision making creative talents. One's dominant or auxiliary creative preference is identified as a data collecting talent and the other is identified as a decision making talent.
- Data collecting creative talents: Adventurer, Navigator, Explorer, Visionary
- Decision making creative talents: Diplomat, Inventor, Pilot, Poet
This comprehensive profile provides individuals with an in-depth understanding of their creative talents as well as the associated strengths and challenges. It can also be used to create a team profile that provides a better understanding of the impact individual talents have on the team's creative results, enables the team to explore gaps and challenges, and allows the group to develop an action plan to become more creative as a team.
The assessment takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and score. We recommend you allow an additional 40 minutes to an hour for the interpretation of results, debrief, and action planning. Trainer certification is not required to administer or facilitate the Breakthrough Creativity Profile assessment or workshops.
The Second Edition also includes three workshops that enable you to expand the learning using step-by-step facilitator guidelines and professional Microsoft PowerPoint presentations:
- Breakthrough Creativity Workshop (2.5 hours): Challenges individuals to take action and develop a stronger sense of creative talent.
- Team Profile Workshop (1.5-2.0 hours): Focuses on the impact individual differences have on the team's creative results, explores the team's creativity profile, identifies gaps and opportunities, and develops an action plan to become more creative
- Creative Problem-Solving Workshop (1.5 hours): Helps individuals and teams apply their creative talents to solving tough problems, understand the impact of individual differences on the ability to creatively solve problems, and develop an action plan to become more creative
Uses and Applications
The Breakthrough Creativity Profile is effective as a stand-alone learning instrument or part of a more comprehensive training program for individuals and teams
It can be used as a:
- Centerpiece of a creative talents workshop
- Foundation for a leadership development program
- Diagnostic tool to develop a creative talents profile for teams
- Module in a creative problem-solving workshop
- Starting point for the development of products and solutions
- Tool to build self-confidence, employee morale, and collaboration
- Understand creativity and the impact of creative talent differences
- Identify one's creative talents and recognize the contributions of each style
- Improve problem-solving and inventive thinking capabilities
- Assess team member creative talents and construct a team profile
- Create an action plan for individuals and teams to become more creative
What to Order
Facilitator set: Order one per trainer.