Breakthrough Creativity Profile
What do you picture when you envision someone creative? Perhaps an artist or inventor? Sure, these people are visibly creative, but the fact is that everyone is creative. Just as there are multiple styles of intelligence, there are multiple styles of creativity that produce different yet equally valuable results.
New from creativity expert Dr. Lynne Levesque, the Breakthrough Creativity Profile, Second Edition is the tool you need to uncover creative talents in the workplace. Based on Carl Jung's well-known personality theory, this learning instrument identifies dominant and auxiliary preferences from eight creative styles: adventurer, diplomat, explorer, inventor, navigator, pilot, poet, and visionary.
How It Works
Organizations ready to integrate creativity into their DNA can achieve significant benefits, including:
- Better team performance
- Increased flexibility
- Greater retention rates
- Creative problem solving
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace
The Breakthrough Creativity Profile presents a series of 16 incomplete statements, where individuals are asked to assign points to four possible endings based upon how they would typically behave in the given situation. Scores reveal preferences across both data collecting and decision making creative talents. One's dominant or auxiliary creative preference is identified as a data collecting talent, and the other is identified as a decision making talent.
Data collecting creative talents:
Decision making creative talents:
This comprehensive profile provides individuals with an in-depth understanding of their creative talents as well as the associated strengths and challenges. It can also be used to create a team profile that provides a better understanding of the impact individual talents have on the team's creative results, enables the team to explore gaps and challenges, and allows the group to develop an action plan to become more creative as a team.
The Second Edition also includes three workshops that enable you to expand the learning using step-by-step facilitator guidelines and professional Microsoft PowerPoint presentations:
- Breakthrough Creativity Workshop: Challenges individuals to take action and develop a stronger sense of creative talent
- Team Profile Workshop: Focuses on the impact individual differences have on the team's creative results, explores the team's creativity profile, identifies gaps and opportunities, and develops an action plan to become more creative
- Creative Problem-Solving Workshop: Helps individuals and teams apply their creative talents to solving tough problems, understand the impact of individual differences in the ability to creatively solve problems, and develop an action plan to become more creative
Uses and Applications
The Breakthrough Creativity Profile is effective as a stand-alone learning instrument or part of a more comprehensive training program for individuals and teams and can be used as a:
- Centerpiece of a creative talents workshop
- Foundation for a leadership development program
- Diagnostic tool to develop a creative talents profile for teams
- Module in a creative problem-solving workshop
- Starting point for the development of products and solutions
- Tool to build self-confidence, employee morale, and collaboration
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand creativity and the impact of creative talent differences
- Identify one's creative talents and recognize the contributions of each style
- Improve problem-solving and inventive thinking capabilities
- Assess team member creative talents and construct a team profile
- Create an action plan for individuals and teams to become more creative
Product Type: Self-assessment and workshop. The Facilitator Guide is designed as a detailed resource binder used by the trainer to deepen participants’ understanding of the concepts throughout this workshop.
Target Audience: Individuals at any organizational level who need to enhance their creative abilities and produce more creative results. It is especially useful for those professionals whose principal work involves the frequent need for creative solutions, such as customer service, research and development, marketing, product development, sales and of course leaders at any level in the organization.
Measures: Dominant and auxiliary creative talents.
Dimensions: Creativity and self-confidence.
- Breakthrough Creativity Workshop (2.5 hours)
- Team Profile Workshop (1.5-2.0 hours)
- Creative Problem-Solving Workshop (1.5 hours)
What to Order
Starter Kit: Order One Kit for Up to Five Participants & One Trainer.
Includes the Facilitator Guide and a 5-pack of Paper Assessments.
Facilitator Guide: Order One Guide Per Trainer.
This detailed, step-by-step guide for planning and delivering a powerful learning experience give you everything needed to facilitate a full day workshop. Background information, assessment instructions, scripts, discussion questions, activities, and samples of the assessment. Facilitator support materials will be available to you as a digital download link in your order confirmation.
Paper Assessment 5-Pack: Order One Pack for Up to Five Participants.
A comprehensive takeaway that includes critical content, worksheets, and forms used during the workshop, as well as additional tools for on-the-job use.
About the Author
Lynne C. Levesque, Ed. D. is an expert in the field of creativity and leadership with over 20 years of experience consulting, training, and researching. She is the author of "Breakthrough Creativity: Achieving Top Performance Using the Eight Creative Talents" (Davies-Black: June 2001), as well as numerous articles and Harvard Business School cases for the Harvard Business Review and the Sloan Management Review. Ms. Levesque holds an M.B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley and an Ed.D. in Creativity from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.