Adapting Your Leadership Style Instructor-Led Course
Strong leadership is critical for successful organizations. If a company has a strong leadership team, it is more likely to meet goals, empower its employees, motivate its teams, and ensure future growth. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to develop influential leaders – and become one yourself.
According to a 2019 Gallup poll, only 22 percent of employees strongly agree their leaders have a clear direction for their organization, and only 15 percent of employees strongly agree that the leadership of their organization makes them feel enthusiastic about the future. Employees notice when leadership is lacking. Ineffective leadership is common in organizations, and it’s attributed to not having a clear leadership style.
It’s important to adopt the qualities of an effective leader and communicate more constructively with your team – and you can do this by adjusting your behavioral style to meet the needs of employees. This instructor-led training event will provide you with the tools you need to be able to facilitate meetings smoothly, engage in constructive one-on-one conversations and, ultimately, build rapport among colleagues. This three hour-program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Understanding what behavior constitutes an effective leader
- What the four behavior styles are and uncovering why these styles of leadership matter
- The nonverbal ways humans communicate and how leaders can become more aware of subtle messages
- Developing methods of becoming a more open, attentive listener
- Being more constructive while giving negative and positive feedback or conducting one-on-ones
Participants Will Learn:
- How to identify the qualities of an effective leader
- To make the mental shift from individual productivity to influencing others
- To recognize style differences in others and cater to their preferences
- How to build rapport using verbal and nonverbal messages
- How to conduct constructive one-on-ones and meetings
- Positive and negative feedback to different styles
- How to develop individual motivation approaches for employees
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.