Business Etiquette Instructor-Led Course
In the business world, etiquette is an encompassing term that makes the difference between a comfortable work environment, and an aggravating one. Whether it is being polite to a rude coworker, keeping a clean workspace, or using proper grammar in an email, small, attentive gestures make the workplace more enjoyable. However, business etiquette has been on the decline.
According to a study by Weber Shandwick, “large American businesses are considered uncivil by 53 percent of Americans.” This is an important statistic, considering the same study found that 60 percent of a firm’s market value is attributed to its reputation. Outside the client-company relationship, bad business etiquette harms workplace harmony. One of the more concerning workplace trends is the rise of Americans leaving their jobs because of incivility. In the span of two years, 26 percent of Americans reported they quit a job because it was an uncivil workplace.
Being able to assess your level of self-respect and dignity, to display patience, to say no diplomatically, and to make a positive impression allows you develop more meaningful relationships with colleagues, and to build a pleasant work environment that boosts productivity. This instructor-led training event covers necessary business etiquette skills. This three hour-program offers workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Dealing with feelings of powerlessness and helplessness
- Saying “no” diplomatically
- Guidelines for making a good first impression
- How to keep your cool when handling a tough customer
- How to pick up on nonverbal and subtext messages
- How to navigate workplace faux pas
- Technology etiquette, including how to effectively use social media
Participants Will Learn:
- Practice common business etiquette to build and maintain relationships.
- Implement practices for respecting yourself.
- Be resilient in difficult situations.
- Interact in a respectful manner with coworkers and subordinates.
- Establish positive human connections.
- Maintain relationships with strong communication skills.
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.