Creative Problem Solving Applied Instructor-Led Course
When most people hear the words "creative problem solving" they think of a haphazard random approach to generating solutions. While it does in fact involve allowing ideas to flow, there is most certainly a rhyme and reason to the process. In this program, participants learn techniques for both generating a variety of relative, novel ideas to problem resolution and evaluating their effectiveness.
At the core of this session is a case study which serves as a springboard for the learning experience. Students are presented with new circumstances and conversations that specifically relate – allowing them to witness the concepts of creative problem solving and/or the effects of the lack thereof in action. They are called to not only assess the effectiveness of the applied concepts to the situation, but also put them into practice themselves.
This instructor-led training event is a three hour-session offering workplace tips, self-assessment exercises, real-life scenarios, practice activities, and more.
- Myths, Misconceptions, and Laws
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Evaluating Solutions
- Putting it All Together
Participants Will Learn:
- Examine the most common myths and misperceptions about creativity and creative people
- Understand the six laws that set the framework for creative problem solving
- Learn how to use a variety of problem solving techniques to generate solutions
- Learn how to avoid the most common mental roadblocks to creative and clear thinking
- Identify techniques that will help you to evaluate and prioritize options
- Put the concepts of creative problem solving into practice
Ready to schedule your class?
- Add this item to your cart. Quantity of one for each class of up to 20 participants.
- Complete your order and check out. An HRDQ Customer Service Representative will contact you to schedule your session.
- You may also contact us to purchase and schedule your session.