Developing Your Direct Reports (RTL)
Employee development is an important part of creating future leaders in an organization. But 86 percent of business and HR leaders believe they do not have an adequate leadership pipeline. One way to create it is to prime an existing employee for engagement and development through formal reviews and development.
Developing Your Direct Reports is a course where participants will learn "development coaching." Performance management is focused on eliminating the weaknesses of the past and present, while development coaching targets employee strengths as the basis for future performance and the achievement of long-term goals. It also requires the direct and regular involvement of the manager. Course participants will learn the characteristics of effective development goals, how to use assessments to advance goals, and how to improve the employee reflection process.
- Recognize the differences between performance management and development coaching
- Implement an approach to development based on strengths
- Provide employees with the tools to assess their strengths and development needs
- Conduct a positive development discussion and identify a variety of paths to development
- Create an effective individual development plan
- Understanding Development
- Awareness and Assessment
- Conducting a Development Discussion
- Paths to Development
- Creating an Individual Development Plan
For more information, see the Reproducible Training Library overview.
Upon receipt of payment and approval of your license, you will receive an email with links to download your files. Be sure to check your spam bin if you cannot locate the email. Your downloads will include:
- Virtual ILT, Classroom ILT, and Online Self-Study versions of each title purchased.
- Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Unlocked MS Office format files.
End User License Agreement
By purchasing the RTL you agree to the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA)
The RTL is sold as an annual license for use by an organization for the training of its employees. The library may not be distributed, sold, shared, rented, or loaned. Consultants and training companies are not eligible for purchase of the RTL. Each year on the anniversary of your purchase, if your organization chooses to continue using the library, a renewal license must be purchased or all content use discontinued.
Your license is based upon your organization's total number of persons employed, not the number you intend to train.
Business – Organizations with less than 5,000 persons.
Corporate – Organizations with 5,001-10,000 persons.
- Enterprise – Organizations with more than 10,000 persons.